Bad Recalibration?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Dkrtemp, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Dkrtemp macrumors newbie

Well, las night I recalibrated my battery, let it drain until it shutted down by his own or sleep or w/e, then left it like that for 7 hours aprox. and today when i started to chrage it again the battery went from 94% to 93% and 3 days before it was at 96 % (According to istat pro) it seems that the more I use the battery the more the health goes down.

Anyone knows why??, I dont want to have 80 % healt by the end of the month when i have this thing for like.. 3 months

2. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

do you really think that calibrating will somehow boost the life of your battery mysteriously? Calibration does not "heal" the battery. It does what it says, calibrates the chip so the computer knows when the battery is low. Now that you've calibrated it, you've compensated for wear and time. It should be lower. Not higher.

battery life goes down over time irregardless of usage habits. You can leave it for years and not use it at all and it will be dead.

3. Chrysaor macrumors 6502

I would advise against "calibration" unless there is something wrong with the battery meter.
    Every time you drain the battery completely, it will lose from its full capacity. It is better to charge the battery frequently.

4. Logos327 macrumors 6502

Except that Apple suggests calibrating it for "best performance" and "The battery needs to be recalibrated from time to time to keep the onscreen battery time and percent display accurate...you should perform this procedure when you first use your computer and then every few months thereafter."

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1490