Bad Sim Card

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by davyreins, Oct 26, 2008.

1. davyreins macrumors 6502

Yesterday (Saturday) my iphone was acting really buggy. I normally have full bars of 3g service but it would say "no service". I did all of the normal tricks: turning phone on/off, reseting network settings, turning airplane mode on/off and none of it worked. I only got my phone to start working again by plugging it into my computer. Also, when I finally did get service, my calls wouldn't go through and when people tried to call me it went straight to voice mail.

I live in Ann Arbor and during football games I usually can't make calls because there are so many people using the AT&T tower. However, the thing that really bothers me is that my friend who has AT&T was able to make calls when I couldn't. My iphone works fine now, but it's a major pain to have to go through this every Saturday (when there is a home football game at least). Think is warrants going to the genius bar? What do people think it is?

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

Not really sure what to recommend but just wanted to add that if you're thinking it's a bad SIM card, then head to the AT&T store. Apple can replace/service the phone, but they can't replace SIM cards.

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Try the "hard-boot" holding the on/off button and the home button down until the silver apple appears, then release both buttons. Hope this helps...:(

4. Quincy9219 macrumors regular

The same thing happens to us here in Happy Valley (that's State College, PA for those of you not up on your PA geography) whenever Penn State has a home football game. Luckily the only AT&T tower that gets over loaded is the one on campus, but still one time a friend of mine had a 911 call bounced 50 miles away to Altoona because the tower was overloaded. Normally though, when your tower is overloaded, you get bounced to the next one down the line. If you have a local AT&T store (this isn't an Apple issue since the hardware works fine) then go talk to them

5. davyreins thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the responses. If I have time soon I'll probably go have it checked out