Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

k1stunna

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2011
Ok, so I today i got a new computer because my old one suddenly crashed and was unable to get it fixed. I had my iTunes and my iPhone backup and everything on there. Now with this new computer I dont have anything and i never backed up anything. So my question is, is it possible to transfer my iTunes library on my iPhone to my new computer?? Please help!!!:eek:

neko girl

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2011
1. Remove automatic syncing option in iTunes: Preferences > Devices > Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically = checked
2. Hook up your device to iTunes
3. Quickly cancel any sync operation if iTunes misbehaves
4. Right click device name and select "Transfer Purchases"

Good luck!

k1stunna

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2011
the only problem with that is that 99.9% of my library was not purchased on itunes

k1stunna

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2011
ok i will try this one out but is there anyway to get my whole itunes library on it including my play lists and everything else

neko girl

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2011
I haven't used iPhone explorer a lot, so you should poke around in it to see if it lists your playlists.

I use this program but it costs $20:
http://thelittleappfactory.com/irip/

If iPhone explorer lists your playlists then you can copy playlist by playlist, but you'd have to get rid of duplicates manually. Same thing with iRip.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.