Bad Time to Buy 13" rMPB?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ukchris, Apr 28, 2013.

1. ukchris macrumors newbie

I'm about ready to buy myself a rMPB, I realize this is never an easy question to answer with ongoing speculation but is it likely there'll be an update announced at WWDC?

Due to other pressures I probably have to buy before the end of May, with that in mind it seems likely there will not be anything released in that timeframe so I'm thinking sooner is as good as later.

I'm looking at the MacMall deals where they have 26-27% off list, are these deals as good as they look on paper? I have EPP access at the Apple Store and of course there's the refurbished ones too but from what I can see MacMall are selling brand new rMBPs for less than either of these options... am I missing something?

Chris.

2. ttNB macrumors 6502

ttNB

theres nothing wrong there

theres nothing wrong there at Mac Mall. I just got my rMBP 15 from there and saved a bunch on it. I have the mid 2012 with 16gb of ram and 512 flash and it was 2400, compared to almost 3. Just check if your looking for the 2013 refresh they have them too, but aren't giving that much of a break.Plus for all the money I saved for 100Mhz more of speed on the refresh, thats all thats really different, besides a few internal updates. But performance wise its the same and a heck of alot cheaper, and its a retina. But they do have sales on all of them even if its a few dollars off, it helps.
    And yes I thought like you, its better to spend the extra coin on the newer ones than the refurbished ones. I had a bad experience with a refurbs, and for what your paying for and going to be using it for its better to go new, and enjoy your new Mac for years to come. Then if you ever wanted to upgrade, just sell the one you have and flip it for a new one down the road.