Bad time to buy Apple Cinema Display??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Adokimus, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Adokimus macrumors 6502a

Adokimus

I found a good deal on a 30" ACD for $850 and was thinking of buying it. My concern is that Apple will release new ACDs with the next Mac Pros in a few months. These new (but merely theoretical) ACDs could have such killer features as HDCP support and HDMI. What do you think? Is it a bad time to buy?

2. rph105 macrumors 6502

rph105

Yeah, I'm also holding out, i think they're going to release new mac pros at macworld with new displays, it's about time, also is about time they went bluray

3. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

That's about half off...so even if they come out with new ones, you'd be saving a lot. You could probably resell it, and buy a new one if you wanted.

4. phuong macrumors 6502a

if you decide not to buy it, can you point me to the seller? as i'm looking for another 30" right now

5. Brianstorm91 macrumors 65816

Brianstorm91

Unless you really need the saving, in my opinion, yes, a bad time.

Here.

Then again, buy as many as you can, use one and sell them on for a profit!

6. Hmac macrumors 68020

If you think HDCP support and HDMI are killer features, then yes, probably better to wait to see if new ACDs are announced at MWSF, and if so, whether or not they have those features.

7. Kwill macrumors 68000

Kwill

It is hardly ever a bad time to buy a 30" ACD for that price! New 30 inchers may even see an increase in cost due to LED backlighting.

8. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

It's a good buy, if it suits your requirements. I'm holding out for a revision though, because Blu Ray in the Mac Pros could in turn bring HDCP to the ACDs, and more inputs.

But a 30" ACD is nothing to sniff at, at that price.

9. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy