Bad time to buy?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Resets, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Resets macrumors newbie

I am thinking about purchasing the higher tier 15 inch retina macbook pro that was updated around a month ago. It has a really nice cpu, and the Nvidia GT 750M. This seems a little outdated right now since the 850M has already came out.

I am able to wait a few months, is it worth buying one now even though the hardware is seemingly a little outdated?

I am currently using a early 2011 13 inch macbook pro. It still works alright, but classes are starting up soon so I will need to do some more intense work on it. The issue I have with it right now is when I do work that is harder on the CPU the thing really starts to roar and the whole system gets really slow and unresponsive.

I should note that I am not a huge gamer, but I do play a few low-end things such as hearthstone, and I do also plan to hook this up to one or two monitors while at home

2. WillTC macrumors newbie

I would go for it, I have my 2012 15" rMBP with the 750M (1GB) and it still chops through Final Cut and After Effects easily.

I do recommend you though, to get as much RAM as you can, cause you can never have never memory, right? Anyway, it's your call, but I am sure you don't want to wait another year for the 850M to be shipped with the 2015 rMBPs.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The new 15" MBPs come with 16GB standard. I don't think there's any call to go beyond that and I don't think there's an option to go for anyways.

OP, buy now, there's really no reason to hold off.

4. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Buy now and enjoy now. Life is too short. Always something new on the horizon. Who cares? BUY! :D

5. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

It'll do everything you want with ease

That computer will do everything you want with ease ( you can play hearthstone on an ipad 2!!).

Waiting for specs you don't need seems silly to me why deny yourself the use of a great computer for 8-9 months waiting for a thing you don't need??