Bad Titanium Logic Boards

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by wdygwd, Feb 28, 2015.

1. wdygwd macrumors newbie

I have three bad Titanium logic boards. I have a 400Mhz, 867Mhz, and 1Ghz.

The 400Mhz one sort of works. It will boot, but usually freezes after a few minutes of running. I've tried all my memory sticks, and plenty of different boot disks/OS versions, and it's always the same.

Niether the 867 nor the 1Ghz will boot at all, and one of them (I forget which because it's been too long since I tried) makes a slight buzzing sound.

My current plan is to just take them all to the local e-waste center, and just order replacements for $25 each on ebay, but I wasn't sure if someone might want them to repair and sell, or if there are usual fixes for any of these boards that might get them back up and running again. I have decent soldering skills, and there is a shop that will reflow just about anything for $45 not too far from me. Took a MacBook Pro logic board with the 8600 in it to them a while back and it worked.

2. weckart macrumors 68040

$45 for a proper reflow as opposed to a hairdry/bake is an absolute bargain but not for a Mercury TiBook. Especially if you can get replacement logic boards for $25.