bad UBMP lid again..(pictures)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by volcom1151, May 25, 2009.

1. volcom1151 macrumors member

Just figured I would post these pictures. There from my blackberry so there bad quality. It is a lot worst in person but Apple Genius bar people were mean about it. I went in to get my hard drive checked out and mentioned this and they were rude about looking at the lid.... what do you think; I am not looking for a new computer out of it just posting

Attached Files:

• 1.jpeg
      1.jpeg
      File size:
      32.8 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpeg
      2.jpeg
      File size:
      30.2 KB
      Views:
  2. alexbates macrumors 65816

alexbates

Did it come with a bad lid when you bought it? I have always had good experiences with geniuses... they should give you a new one if you bought it like that.

3. volcom1151 thread starter macrumors member

yes i did buy it like this, only two problems at all with the computer are this and the battery cover doesn't fit perfectly it is a little small but two things I don't really care about but they both can be annoying and apple geniuses in Novi, MI are rude about this

4. TheNotoriousMAZ macrumors newbie

I'm from Brighton and have had a few experiences at the same store. Unfortunately they aren't as gracious there as other Apple stores that I've visited. I'd bring up the fact that if I'm going to pay $2000+ for a computer, there is no reason why I shouldn't demand perfection when I get it.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Take it back, you paid enough money for the puppy to endure these types of defects.

6. dlhuss macrumors member

7. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

If you didn't care about it / didn't want a new computer, you wouldn't be posting here looking for sympathy. I highly doubt you'll be able to get it replaced- the only way to get a new one is to open the machine in the store and address the issue then.

8. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

Call AppleCare and tell them about it. That's ridiculous.

9. pyrodex macrumors 6502

pyrodex

I had one of the first CTO UMBP 17", it came much like that when I first got it and decided to hold onto it until the demand died down and get it repaired. Well it has gotten worse and worse so I went over to my apple store this weekend and sure enough they said that it was a problem. They thought it was the hinges on the LCD being set to tight but they weren't to sure. They shipped it off to the depot to get looked into and I'll know more soon.

10. volcom1151 thread starter macrumors member

hmm yea I guess I could try again, I mean they did mention hindges when I went in there about the HDD problem but I know it usually hasnt been that with this issue but AppleCare was a lot more friendly about this issue.