Bad USB cord?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jake36wi41, Jul 29, 2008.

1. jake36wi41 macrumors member

I woke up this morning to find my USB cord that came w/ my now two week and two day old iPhone looking like the pictures below (odds are that it didn't happen over night, but it almost seems that way). I've been nothing but careful with the cord and it hasn't left the power strip next to my bed.

Any thoughts on if Apple would actually give me a new one? Or am I just screwed and have go spend $19 on a new cord? Seems like after two weeks it'd be hard for them to claim that as "normal wear and tear".

(btw please forgive the bad pics, dead camera batteries and had to use the iSight.)

Attached Files:

2. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

They should... and probably they will! Its just that you'll have to er.. struggle a bit!

Btw, Im' sure you do have an iPod connector lying around! Connect with that! Risk free!

3. jake36wi41 thread starter macrumors member

I've actually got one other USB iPod cable around, which I like to have at the office. Nice to have one there and one at home (damn these batteries). I've got several firewire iPod cables that have been collected over the years, which of course now their most useful function is you can tie a few together and use them as a belt... :p

4. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

LOL:D

But what'll you use instead in the mean time?

5. jake36wi41 thread starter macrumors member

I'm sure I can get by w/ the cable I have at the office, i'll just have to drag it back and forth between there and home now. Lame. Definitely done using the one that came with it, don't want it to turn out like my macbook cable that had a similar issue and started melting the rubber around the cord and smoking!

6. TechJunky macrumors regular

7. jake36wi41 thread starter macrumors member

guess you shouldn't have posted that, it's up to $7.99 now! :p

8. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

Hmmm... seems like a lot of new iPhone owners are facing the same problem!:p