Bad week for me

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Alexrat1996, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Alexrat1996 Suspended

My weeks starts bad after installing three secrets protectors each one separately each day the third one I install I used the alcohol wipes in the box to clean my screen after installing that screen protector I notice dust under the screen guard thinking it was the screen protector but no it was under the screen not sure if I did something wrong on my end on my iPhone 7 ?

Second my Lenovo yoga 3 14 inch I use for coding in college the touch screen officially died luckily the manufacture will fix it for me at my house with the in home Warrenty I purchased for the laptop I contact them last wensday they have three business days to contact me if not they will escalate this to a manager and maybe I get a replacement laptop with a creditCard on hold like I did last year.

2. Zenithal macrumors 68040

You could try pushing for a complete replacement. Lenovo does make concessions like that. Honestly, this thread title sounded more serious than what happened. For a moment there, I thought you had another pair of headphones stolen.

3. Alexrat1996 thread starter Suspended

they replaced my laptop with new one in 2015 since the old one they didn't have the part in stock

4. Videomanmac macrumors 6502

Sorry for your rough week, but those diagnosed with cancer, lost a loved one, or were involved in a natural disaster/terrorist event, had a much worse week.

5. Zenithal macrumors 68040

That was nice of them. Yes, I only deal with Apple, Lenovo and Samsung. They know how to make a customer feel special. I can't speak of the ultrabooks they make, but sometimes touch areas like screens or touchpads become disabled due to static charge. There's different methods of dealing with it. Unfortunately, you can't exactly remove the batteries on ultrabooks. My old MBP's touchpad used to disable itself due to that.

Edit: If you've still got the Lenovo at hand, run down the battery to 0% and then hold the power button for a full minute or two, then place it back on charge and see if it works again. That's the standard method of "resetting" manufacturers recommend. To run down the battery, go find a copy of a burn test and run it for 3-4 test cycles and it should run the battery down very fast. Make sure to place the laptop on a book with the vents clear.

Children in African nations who live well under the line of poverty have it worse than those you've mentioned, but we're not focusing on that. To put it plainly, it isn't a dick measuring contest of who's got it worse. Moreso, considering your thread history denotes the very definition of "first-world problems," I suspect you have some type of personal issue with the OP.

6. Alexrat1996 thread starter Suspended

why not message him directly

7. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Reading the thread - and some of the somewhat spiky replies - I arrived at the conclusion that the thread title was - perhaps - a little over-dramatic. Initially, I thought that the OP was about to write of deep personal trauma, rather than what is a considerable inconvenience.

Good luck with dealing with that.

As for the spiky replies, well, I have worked in some of the most troubled spots on earth, and thus, I have some difficulty taking threads which may seem a bit overwrought all that seriously.

However, when you are young everything seem s dramatic, and perhaps, the tone of some of the replies erred on the side of snideness.

8. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

I have to admit when I read the thread title, I was expecting something a little more disastrous.
    Given some of the things I've had to deal with this year, this would just seem like a minor inconvenience.
    That said we all have to deal with the stuff in our own lives and it's not always easy to compare to others problems.
    To the op, good luck with sorting your issues.

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Agreed, dust under a screen protector, seems to be along the lines of a minor inconvenience.

OP, if you consider this a bad week, then you've lived a very blessed life.