Badge icon for App Store updates not showing until manually checking

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by eric3312, May 27, 2015.

1. eric3312 macrumors 6502

I have notifications set up for the App Store so that a badge app icon displays when an update is available.

I did see that I had no red badge so I assumed no updates were available. However, I went into the app, tapped on Updates, and one was available.

As soon as I did this, the badge appeared on the home screen icon with the number 1.

I thought the whole purpose of this was to not have to drill in and manually check for updates. Did I set something up wrong? Could it possibly take a bit more time for the notification to come through?

Here is my set up. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. lchlch macrumors 6502a

From experience this usually happens when you have automatic update turned on.

3. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

A few times now I have noticed that after seeing the badge saying I have one app update and opening the app drawer to update I have more than one update. I think you have to put it down to ne of apples quirks, the more I use iOS the more I see these quirks and the more I think that iOS is anything but perfect.

4. theoapo macrumors member

theoapo

I believe that App Store has a time interval for checking for application updates (eg every 4 hours).
    So what we're all experiencing is normal...

5. crashoverride77 macrumors 65816

Yeah it's normal, it doesn't tend to update automatically until you charge the device at night, at least in my experience.