Badly need help on restoring my 3GS.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jmiranda00, Sep 29, 2012.

1. jmiranda00 macrumors newbie

Okay I'm pretty screwed. I'm not a tech head so forgive me for being stupid here.

I have an iPhone 3GS 32GB, that had 5.1, 6.15.00 baseband, tethered jailbroken with redsn0w.

I was trying to install the resupported tweak from Cydia, but the app froze and didn't want to respring. So I exited the app. Then when I tried to open other apps, like settings or messages, it would open then exit as soon as it opens. So I was going to reboot my phone through redsn0w again, but when it gets to the part that says its done and the rest takes place on my device, my phone was just stuck on the apple logo. After trying several times, I just decided I'll just restore my phone through iTunes.

When I tried iTunes was going to install 5.1.1, so I just agreed so it would do a clean restore then I'll just jailbreak it again. Then I got an error, but I forgot what error it was. So I don't really know if it went through or not. But now I'm trying to restore my phone with a custom firmware 5.1.1 since

But after several tutorials, how-to's and attempts, I get several errors, 3194, 1602, and 1601.

I got 3194 fixed with that hosts file. Right now it currently has 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com in it. But after that, I got 1602. Most would suggest to use iREB for 16xx errors, so I used that, but now when I'm doing that, I get 1601.

Here's what I do when I restore, I put the phone in DFU, use iREB to bypass whatever error its bypassing and put it in pwned DFU, shift+restore with 5.1.1 9B206 (and the previous one 5.1 9B176), then it extracts software, verifies iPhone restore with Apple, preparing iPhone for restore (takes a while), then hits that 1601 error.

Well basically I don't know what to do now. Can I custom restore using sn0wbreeze? I read you could do that. Or am I obviously doing something wrong?

I need help please!

2. jmiranda00 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. jmiranda00 thread starter macrumors newbie