Badly printed wireless keyboard

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by RoryO, Jan 2, 2014.

1. RoryO macrumors member

I just received a new iMac and immediately noticed that the printing on the wireless keyboard was not central on some of the keys... The 4, 5, and 6 keys caught my eye. Printing in my macbook air is perfect.

Are all wireless keyboards like this these days, or did I get a dud one?

Photo below..

2. RoryO thread starter macrumors member

Not sure if the photo attached to the post, trying again..

Attached Files:

3. Bear macrumors G3

If it works, it's not exactly a dud. Having said that, that's the first time I seen an Apple keyboard printed like that.

If you don't like it, talk to Apple.

4. scbond macrumors 6502

Seen quite a few with this issue, including my newest one. Annoying but not worth replacing as you'll more than likely find the replacement is the same.

5. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

You and I have a dramatically different opinion of what "Badly printed" means....

You have 3 keys that are printed slightly off center? That's it? I thought you would be missing whole letters and/or whole rows would be completely printed incorrectly. Frankly I had to stare at the picture for awhile to truly even see the off center printing (I thought it was more the angle of the Camera at first).....

Anyhoo. If it bothers you, take it back. No guarantees that the next one won't have the issue though. It is more than likely your language keyboards all look like that (my guess is the device that prints the keys on the Apple Wireless Keyboard is off).

6. RoryO thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, I was interested if it was common. I have an older wireless keyboard that is, on closer inspection, a little bit off as well but not enough to catch your eye. My macbook air keyboard is perfect though.

I guess the keys may be printed after the keyboard is assembled to save having to put the correct key, in the correct hole, in the correct orientation, and the machine printing is not aligned perfectly.

7. RoryO, Jan 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2014

RoryO thread starter macrumors member

It would be great if it was "really badly" printed, it would be a collectors item and I'd definitely keep it!

Anyway, I hesitated to post to the forum, because I know it's doesn't effect the operation of the keys, and it is a minor imperfection. I was more surprised that it existed at all. Having seen a fair amount of video of Apples automated manufacturing processes you'd think printing in the centre of the key would be hard to get wrong.

I'm probably more sensitive to these things, I remember annoying people at my last job because I'd ask them to align the text on the buttons on the application I was responsible for. :)