Bag/Backpack for Both 15" Macbook Pro and iPad

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Josh Kahane, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Josh Kahane macrumors 6502

Hi

I am looking for a bag/backpack which will hold both my 15" Macbook Pro and iPad snug and safe. If you really recommend individual cases then any recommendations for them would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

To my knowledge there isn't a bag that is made to fit both, and I'd just keep my iPad in a separate case.

I'm a big fan of the BBP Bags Industries Backpack.

3. spacepower7 macrumors 68000

Booq

Booq has a backpack that is sold exclusively through a limited number of Apple retail stores. It is designed to carry 15" MBP along with an iPad and Apple Bluetooth keyboard. Looks nice but a little pricey.

4. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

This is a great backpack (not anything special to look at) but it has a large compartment at the back section which has two sections. YOu would still probably want a neoprene sleeve for either the iPad or MBP but it would keep them safe and sound.

Targus Backpack

It also has great pockets up front for binders, notebooks, and the usual other compartments for writing instruments, etc. It has several smaller pockets and a water bottle holder on one side and another padded compartent which works great for an iPod or a coke can. There is also a small cell phone holder on the strap- it also fits an iPod Touch ok.
    What I like best about this backpack is lots of space without tons of bulk. Some of the swiss backpacks and such are so freakin' bulky- this isn't streamlined by any means, but isn't on the other extreme either.

That being said, any backpack which has a nice computer compartment and another second section beside it would work if you got a neoprene sleeve for one. For that matter- if you got the right kind of neoprene sleeve couldn't you just put them in the same padded compartment?

5. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3Gs: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Incase backpack has a Laptop and iPad pocket: http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/compact-backpack-cl55312

6. jumpmanpro97 macrumors member

this might be the bag I'm looking for!