Bag / Backpack Help

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by mrcowdude20, Dec 14, 2011.

1. mrcowdude20 macrumors regular

I am looking for a bag to carry the following
    •1 body (Canon T3 or Nikon D3100)
    •1-3 lenses
    •a bunch of accessories
    MUST BE UNDER $100!!!

2. Captpegleg macrumors member

This might work in a pinch but some things to consider.
    Do you travel and need padding? Maybe some extra padding if someone else handles it.
    Will you be in inclement weather?
    Do you want wheels or backpack.
    Do you need a camera bag that doesn't look like a camera bag.
    Do you plan on keeping for a while or is it a stopgap bag.
    Also, keep in mind that one bag, although perfect for me, might not be good for you. And, almost everyone, no matter how long they've been lugging around camera and equipment, is still searching for that "perfect bag". If you doubt any of the above, do a poll to learn how many bags the average photographer has now and the total of bags they've had.

Attached Files:

3. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

LOL @ captpegleg :D

If you don't mind sling packs, probably the LowePro 202 or 302AW should work just fine. I had the 202AW when I had my T3i and the holy trinity of n00b lenses (18-55/55-250/50mm). All of them fit just fine in that pack. The 302 is slightly larger so it might be a better pick for you. Only issue I had was my T3i didn't quite fit in the pack due to my battery grip so keep that in mind. Not sure what you mean by a bunch of accessories but the 202/302 should still work.

If you simply want a cheap backpack to throw everything in, the Canon 200EG backpack is pretty good as is the Amazon Basics version of the Canon bag. This bag is essentially every photographers "first bag" and, from there, the obsession begins. Both are pretty cheap and will hold just about everything you got.

4. rusty2192 macrumors 6502a

Check out the Tamrac Evolution backpack/sling bag. I have the Evolution 6, it's a little smaller than the Evolution 8. I can fit my T2i with my 17-50 lens attached, the 55-250, 50 1.8, speedlite, point and shoot, etc. etc. all in the main area. Then there are pockets on the sides and an additional area on top for chargers, filters, and other gear.

This bag is a neat concept. It can worn as a backpack or easily switched to a sling bag for either shoulder just by moving the straps. I like to wear it as a backpack since then it allows me to get to both the camera and the extra lenses by slipping off either shoulder strap and swinging the bag around.

I had been set on the Lowepro sling bags mentioned above until I spotted this one at the camera shop.

Edit: Well, shoot. It looks like it is above your $100 budget. Personally, I think it is worth stretching a little, but maybe you can find it on sale somewhere. If not, I hear great things about the Lowepros.

5. sapporobaby macrumors 68000

sapporobaby

He might consider the functioning search feature that is part of this forum as well.