Bag for 15" MBP and Intuos 4

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by strausd, Jan 2, 2010.

1. strausd macrumors 68030

I am looking for a laptop case for my MBP but cannot find one I like. I do not want a backpack one and I do not mind it being too bulky as long as it protects well. Also, I would like for it to have a seperate compartment to put my medium Wacom Intuos 4 because I take that around quite often. It would also be good if it was under $150, any suggestions?

2. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

I'm using a Timbuk2 Blogger Bag. It has a lot of compartments and little bit lighter than a backback/messenger bag. Bought for $30 (on sale now for $50 at timbuk2.com) In the laptop compartment there is a separate compartment where I slide my Bamboo tablet in. To protect them I have my MBP 15in in a Tucano Element Sleeve ($26 from Adorama.com) and the Bambo tablet in a Timbuk2 medium sleeve ($15 from Timbuk2.com)

I got the idea of using a sleeve for my tablet after looking at a couple of bags for the gameboys. The Medium Timbuk2 laptop sleeve should fit your Medium Intus4 nicely, with enough room to fit pen. If you want to carry your pen in another bag, then look at the Tucano cable pouch ($12.99)

http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/sale/blogger
    http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/laptop/laptop-cases/quilted-zip-laptop-sleeve
    http://www.adorama.com/TUMSSE15BK.html
    http://www.adorama.com/TUMCPRD.html

3. strausd thread starter macrumors 68030

4. strausd thread starter macrumors 68030

5. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

The best protection is the Tom Bihn Brain Cell. The bag is much more a personal choice, but the Brain Cell will do its job.

6. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

NP I read a lot of users in this forum that use the Tucano sleeve. That's why I chose it over the Incase sleeve. The stitching around the edges is really solid and quality is great. It came with some foam packaging. I cut that to fit around my Bamboo tablet when I store in the sleeve. (love recycling). :cool:

When I'm not carrying my Mac, I use my Blogger on small trips as camera bag.

7. tkboss88 macrumors member

i use a kenneth cole one. its freakin nice! i love it. it's leather and it also has a combination lock on there. it's a little on the heavy side, but the quality definitely beats the crap out of the cheap ones. i had another kenneth cole before and it was also awesome!

kenneth cole is the way to go

8. codo macrumors 6502

I'm not entirely sure if this is the kind of thing you are looking for but I cannot reccomend it enough from personal experience. It's one tough bag.

Crumpler Cheesy Disco

[​IMG]
    (Variety of colours etc)

Available in the US at crumplerbags.com

I recently got given one for my 15" MBP and it's a dream. There is enough room to fit the laptop in, tons of books, accessories etc.

9. cc2096 macrumors regular

cc2096

2nd the Timbuk2 route. I use a Commute 2.0 Large for my uMBP 15 and it fits like a glove and I have tons of room for pretty much anything else i need to bring. The Commute 2.0 is nice too because it's TSA friendly (i.e. you don't have to take it out of the bag to go through security). As far as your Intuos 4 there is a spot in the laptop compartment that could hold it nicely.

10. flakes8 macrumors regular

flakes8

Here Is My Outfit

I Use This
    & This

I LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plenty Of Space & Protection !!! :)

Good Luck !!!!

11. strausd thread starter macrumors 68030

I think I am leaning towards the timbuk2 commute 2.0 and the timbuk2 quilted laptop sleeve. I just want to make sure that the commute 2.0 will provide enough protection and still have space for my medium tablet...

12. strausd thread starter macrumors 68030

or would a medium custom messenger bag fit a 15" MBP with the quilted sleeve?