Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bvphaze3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 1, 2010
I am looking for a side bag that is rugged and manly looking. I am a 41 year old 300 lb man, not a trendy college kid. Looking for a bag that will hold iPad with hard candy bubble case, canon vixia camcorder, digital camera, cords, chargers, keys, knife, etc. Would be great if it had padding to protect the cameras. Not interested in leather, backpacks, fanny packs, laptop bags. This would be a carry all bag, not something i would take to the mall. More of a bag to keep my stuff in. May use it for amusement parks, day walks, etc. Any help out here? Post links or pictures if you gave them.

Thanks!

Bigrahizzle

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2010
U might wanna check out Lowepro. They got the 250 model which I will be getting soon which carries the laptop, dslr, video camera and many other things including the iPad.

arbitrage

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2009
Check out KATA bags, best bags out there IMHO. http://www.kata-bags.com I prefer them over the LowePro alternatives. I have the 3N1-22. Stores a small laptop or iPad and a ton of gear, check out the 3N1-11 for a smaller version, or many other designs and options.

BeckyG

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2010
Lehigh Valley, PA
Kata over Lowepro

My husband JUST got his Lowepro delivered yesterday. I wish he would have held out for the Kata, but we had Best Buy rewards sooo...

I never saw a Kata in person, but I looked at soo many of them online - they really look like the best to me - and smartly designed with the yellow lining. This Lowepro he got yesterday just looks...meh...less quality than the Kata. The zipper also didn't run as smoothly as I thought it should.

I would pick Kata.:)

Neous

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2009
Woodstock, CT
Check out KATA bags, best bags out there IMHO. http://www.kata-bags.com I prefer them over the LowePro alternatives. I have the 3N1-22. Stores a small laptop or iPad and a ton of gear, check out the 3N1-11 for a smaller version, or many other designs and options.

Thanks
I'm a street shooter so the sling is a must for me. The 3N1-22 seems to fit the bill I've been searching for a sling that would hold my 15" along with my gear and this is perfect to replace my lowepro 200.

I once heard someone say " Photographers never have enough $ for another body because we spend it on glass and bags"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.