Bag recommendation for carying 2 MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jacarrio, Mar 23, 2009.

1. jacarrio macrumors newbie

I have two 15.4 brand new MacBook Pros and would like to use a single bag for both of them. My preference would be to have a roller that can accomodate both of them, however I'm open for suggestions like having a backpack/sleeve/pouch/binder combo as well.

Kind regards,

Javier

2. Nojja macrumors member

Why do you have 2 brand new MacBook Pro´s and why do you need to have them with you at the same time?

3. jacarrio thread starter macrumors newbie

I have one for personal use (Law School) and another that is provided by my employer. I work on regular hours during the week and at night go to college. For security puorposes I do not leave them on the trunk of my car, but having two bags is not very comfortable.

Javier

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

You can have an external drive of say your personal computer and boot from that.

I use a Targus courier style bag and I had fit 2 laptops in my bag. Not sure if they have a rolling bag though.

5. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

Consultant makes an excellent point, instead of carrying around 2 laptops get a nice fast firewire drive, they are making huge drives in small sizes now a days (ie. WD passport) then just boot from the external drive and you have your personal stuff. Sounds like a much better solution than carrying two laptops.

6. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

This seems like the best solution. Way easier to haul around one laptop and an external drive than to haul around two laptops. Heck, if it's a long-term job you could even sell your personal MBP and put some cash in your pocket to pay for those expensive college books!