Bags/Sleeves after redesign?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by J the Ninja, Sep 1, 2008.

1. J the Ninja macrumors 68000

Do companies like Incase usually get advance warning/dimensions for redesigns, or does it take awhile before they release sleeves that fit the new models? Anyone know how long it took MacBook Air sleeves to show up?

2. Schmoe0013 macrumors regular

Schmoe0013

Good question. I know for me, i'm going to be replacing my 15inch mbp with the new 17inch mbp, and my current bag will not be able to hold it.

I do imagine that the only thing that might have to change would be the sleeves. Bags usually don't need to form fit to the laptop itself, only provide the slot that fits the widest dimensions of the laptop.

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I going to assume stuff like sleeves and bags won't change much as the general footprint will be about the same.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Apple is not going to give advance information to any 3rd party about new product releases. That includes users, vendors, software developers or anyone else.

5. sukanas macrumors 6502a

sukanas

didnt apple do this for the 3g iphone cases?

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Yes they did. Normally they have to sign a NDA which is probably what they would do for a new computer if they plan to release it. However for something as big as this, they will minimize the leaks.