Bah! New MBP Broken Key - UPDATED!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aaron.lee2006, May 26, 2007.

1. aaron.lee2006 macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

So I was typing on my MBP keyboard and what do you know a key falls off. (option key). I look at the bottom and one of the snpas is broken. I noticed it was irregular since yesterday the day I got it. I am definately going to take it to an Apple store. So I guess my question is, do Apple stores just have spare keys lying around?

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Yep. I had this happen a few weeks ago. It took them a few minutes to go through their drawer full of keyboards to find one that had the key I needed, but it was no problem getting it fixed on the spot.

3. aaron.lee2006 thread starter macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

Cool deal. It isn't messing up functionality right now but I will use the keyboard cover that came in the packaging just to make sure it doesn't scratch the screen. I'll get my dad to take it into the Toronto store whenever he gets a chance.

4. RaMaz macrumors regular

RaMaz

dude, u have no luck at all with these MBPs

5. aaron.lee2006 thread starter macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

nah. This is a good one. It's only a key worth like 5 cents. They will just throw a new one on and i'll be on my way.

6. RaMaz macrumors regular

RaMaz

yeah, this is just the start of it :p

7. jng macrumors 65816

jng

with his luck! :p

J/k

8. aaron.lee2006 thread starter macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

LOL I love this machine. It has like the tinniest little chip in the alluminum finish but w/e it is gonna get scarcted and stuff, it's a notebook :) I love it so much! I have been gaming in windows all night and today. I'm gonna go back to OS X now.

9. aaron.lee2006 thread starter macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

As you all probably know this is a replacement machine. Anyway, my representative called me today to make sure everything went fine with the replacement. I told him about the key and he said that they might replace my machine again because it is within a time frame of failure :eek: So I might be getting another replacement. I know it sounds silly over a key but if that is what they are offering, I'll take it.