Bailout Rejected by Congress!!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Skeva31776, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skeva31776 macrumors member

Bad move, regular American's going to be effected in such a bad way as a result!

2. geekgirl macrumors regular

I'm sure there is a good reason for rejecting the bailout plan. As I recall, there was some very iffy wording in one of the earlier drafts, that would have led to problems. It is in our best interests, in the long run, to make sure that we know exactly what we are agreeing to do before passing such an important measure, for such a huge amount of money.

A bailout will happen. That's a foregone conclusion. It's the details that have to be hammered out.

3. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

Something makes me think this will be either moved to, merged with, or linked to a thread in the social issues & politics area..

4. ImageWrangler macrumors regular

Bzzzzt! Wrong answer.

A bunch of rich and a bunch of speculators will be hurt, plus those putting their stock, literally, in dumb money, i.e. Wall Street, to bail out the people who gave out the bad loans, and to to give over our taxpayer's hard earned money and bankrupt our children and our children's children for the folly of a few rich elite who played fast and lose.

Our country is already in a deficit that will probably bankrupt the country anyways (that deficit that's 100 times more than all other nations combined, per the IRS factbook) is real money, at least if we don't hurt the taxpayers more it'll stave off that recession.

Get the facts:

http://www.stopthehousingbailout.com/
    http://www.istockanalyst.com/article/viewarticle+articleid_2657276.html
    http://www.nowallstreetbailout.com/

Or Google any host of credible analysts, Republican, Democrat, Libertarian, who realize this is all just a big farce. The bailout isn't for the common man, don't be fooled by the hype.

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Bzzzt, wrong answer.

The bailout will have and is having a huge impact on the average American.

People with good credit can't get mortgages.

People are paying higher rates to buy cars.

People's 401Ks are tanking.

Businesses can't borrow money because credit markets have dried up. Workers will lose their jobs.

Foreclosures will continue to rise.

This has been a colossal failure in leadership from Bush to McCain to Obama to Pelosi and the Republicans/

6. longofest Editor emeritus

longofest

There is a larger discussion about this in the PRSI forum which is more appropriate for this topic. As this thread is so small, I will not be merging the threads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.