balancing color profiles between software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jigen08, Oct 29, 2010.

1. jigen08 macrumors newbie

I'm working with Adobe CS5, as well as Keynote and Powerpoint.

I'd like to have my RGB values in Photoshop produce the same values in Keynote and Powerpoint. That is, I'd like to have the blue of my logo (128, 215, 236) appear identically in all three programs by typing the value into the color picker.

But it doesn't. Something about the color profile... How can I change the color profiles in two of the programs to match the other?

I know about using the color-picker as a workaround, but I'm not interested in the workaround (because when I send a file to someone else I need to be able to tell them the RGB values, and not a suggestion to use the color picker).

Apologies if this has been covered (please post a link to the thread if it has)... The other posts I found dealt with color profile as it relates to monitor display, not between software applications.

2. jigen08 thread starter macrumors newbie

I thought I'd follow up to my own dumbass question in case anyone finds themselves with the same dumbass issue.

What you need to do is either set the Mac monitor color profile (which is where Keynote, Pages, etc. get their profile) or you need to change Photoshop to read the monitor color profile (essentially turning color management off).

It's difficult to find clear and concise information without wading through lengthy tomes on color management, theory, and those nifty 3-D charts.

I hope this helps others who might run into this dumbass problem.