Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BluAffiliate

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 16, 2010
Yuri here first folks. What are greatest games of all time is finally coming to iPad. Sorry for the errors I use the iPad dictate feature to write this post

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
I want to be excited, I love that game but..... Worried they will over simplify it and ruin it.

They just do not make games like that anymore :(

I'd actually prefer for them to relaunch the original with today's graphics etc on mac/pc

BluAffiliate

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 16, 2010
I want to be excited, I love that game but..... Worried they will over simplify it and ruin it.

They just do not make games like that anymore :(

I'd actually prefer for them to relaunch the original with today's graphics etc on mac/pc

Well that's the best part of it all they're just remaking the original to work on the iPad by just keeping everything else the same but I'm adding out better interface but the graphics and story and everything else is exactly the same as it was in 1998 so yeah that's playthings that said about

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Many games should never be resurrected, I warn you!

Ive had many old nostalgic games that Ive tried to go back to, only to have my memories stripped away when I launch the thing and the pixelated mess slices my eyeballs and I discover the elementary gameplay is a shallow bore-fest.

Best to live in nostalgic fantasy land :)

ajk881

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2009
Ugly and shallow are not the words that come to mind when discussing Baldur's Gate! In fact, I'd say the detailed 2d art of the series has aged substantially better than their more "advanced" contemporaries. Very excited to see how this pans out, and it would be great if this signaled a trend of PC classics getting a new lease on life! They sure don't make them like they used to.

Oppressed

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2010
This game will be cool, but I still would take Diablo 2 on the iPad with battle.net multiplayer any day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.