Ballistic Smooth Series Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by cardinalryan, Sep 27, 2012.

1. cardinalryan macrumors 6502

cardinalryan

Here's the deal...I pretty much abhor Ballistic, Otterbox, Trident or any of the other bulky rugged cases, but Ballistic may have hit one out of the park with their "Smooth Series case for the iPhone 5.

I picked one up today at AT&T and I have to tell you that it is the most protective, THIN, diminutive case I've ever put on a phone.

YMMV, but for my money, this has been the best case I've tried and I've bought a lot and taken a lot back. Worth a look IMO.
    iphone5_smooth_charcoal_web_001.jpg iphone5_smooth_charcoal_web_002.jpg
    http://www.goballisticcase.com/products/iphone-5-ballistic-smooth-series-case

2. psychonaut macrumors 6502a

I saw these at Sams Club today for $14.97 but passed.

3. SlyMac macrumors 6502

4. cardinalryan thread starter macrumors 6502

cardinalryan

I can see that. I guess no case is for everyone, but I just like the thin profile and excellent protection. It's a keeper...for a while, at least.

5. ozziegn macrumors 6502a

ozziegn

I'm using this case with my IP5 and I like it. I usually only use bumpers because I'm very careful with my phones and I never drop them. but I like the look and feel of this case. the corners don't bug me at all.

6. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

I don't know why but I don't like when cases cover the volume buttons. They never seem to work as well.

7. Six8 macrumors 65816

Six8

8. mpossoff macrumors 68020

9. GenderFi macrumors regular

10. adnurahs macrumors newbie

Not a fan

I got this case for my iPhone 5. I find it hard to put on and hard to take off. I don't like a case that'll make me work to be careful not to scratch the aluminum while putting it on and taking it off.

I don't want my iPhone 5 scratched by a case so I am being very selective and I found that this case causes an issue with that for me. I don't like how it covers the corners of the screen with that little piece of plastic that is supposed to protect. It just makes it hard for me to get the case off and put it on. I think if that little piece wasn't there it would go on better and come off easier for me.

If you don't care about that kind of thing. This case might work well for you. It is slim and feels good in the hand, but I don't want to risk messing up my iPhone just to get it on and take it off.

Similar to the Incase Slider cases. Those were my go to #1 cases for years with iPhones. This year, with the fragility of the iPhone 5's aluminum I will not be using the slider cases in fear that the sliding will eventually wear down my aluminum and make the iPhone 5 look horrible.

I am a person who changes my cases daily so I collect a lot of them and require a certain amount of protection, ease of use and the ability for it not to mar my iPhone when changing cases. Unfortunately this year, I will not be buying the Sliders that have already been reviewed as tight, snug and too tight.

11. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

Would live to see pics of this case on the phone