Ballmer wants to kill Google

dubbz

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2003
2,284
0
Alta, Norway
Ballmer's threat last November was recounted in a sworn declaration by a former Microsoft engineer, Mark Lucovsky, who said he met with Microsoft's chief executive 10 months ago to discuss his decision to leave the company after six years.

After learning Lucovsky was leaving to take a job at Google, Ballmer picked up his chair and hurled it across his office, according to the declaration.

Ballmer then pejoratively berated Google CEO Eric Schmidt, Lucovsky recalled.

"I'm going to f---ing bury that guy, I have done it before, and I will do it again," the declaration quotes Ballmer. "I'm going to f---ing kill Google."
Whoa. Balmer sure have a temper.
 

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
2,265
0
mkrishnan said:
And he's a big guy... scary. :eek: I hope he doesn't end up hurting someone physically with those kind of stupid tantrums. :(
Or himself... :eek:

I just think that Ballmer is pissed because Google is where M$ should be. Producing quality products that the consumer loves...
 

mpw

Guest
Jun 18, 2004
6,364
1
mkrishnan said:
And he's a big guy... scary. :eek: I hope he doesn't end up hurting someone physically with those kind of stupid tantrums. :(
I kinda hope he does and that it's me I'll take anything non-lethal/disabling up to broken limbs, cuts & bruises.....it'd be worth a few million $'s
:D
 

chatin

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2005
890
570
Billionare politics and steveballmer.com

Steve Ballmer is the only billionare on the planet who reports to another billionare! "Steve this engineering group isn't getting the job done" - quote from SB, quoting BG.

:confused:

:)

And when is Steve going to get steveballmer.com off of MS servers!!!!
 

mcarnes

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2004
1,929
1
USA! USA!
mkrishnan said:
And he's a big guy... scary. :eek: I hope he doesn't end up hurting someone physically with those kind of stupid tantrums. :(
He's not scary. I'd be happy to smack him around a little, saying "developers" with each whack.
 

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
19,238
4
he runs around like an ape, has tantrums like an ape, so thats what he is, he can't even act professional. thats horrible.
 

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
24,415
124
Location Location Location
If he threw a chair at me, I'd sue him despite hating American style lawsuits.

Then I'd plant so many of those Google bombs into Googles search, and they'd all be about Microsoft and Steve Ballmer being a big baby.
 

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
1,965
0
New York
Dinner for two jerks

mkrishnan said:
And he's a big guy... scary. :eek: I hope he doesn't end up hurting someone physically with those kind of stupid tantrums. :(
Allow me to do the introductions: Steve Ballmer, I'd like to introduce Reverend Pat Robertson.

Reverend, this is Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer.

The two of you actually share some traits in common ... a propensity for making highly regrettable statements coupled with sporadic displays of ill temperament. Enjoy your dinner and conversation. I'd like to stay but for the sake of safety, my sound judgment requires me to seek safe haven immediately.
 

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
14,859
57
mkrishnan said:
Sometimes...I feel sorry, too, for Ballmer. I think he is, in some ways, the sort of Edsel Ford of Microsoft, or possibly of the entire IT world. :(
Nope got to be somebody other than Edsel, since they are getting ready to release the Microsoft software equivalent of the Edsel Ford onto the market quite soon.

Of course it'll be painted in some garish cartoon-like colors.

I could be wrong about that though, they may be getting ready to release the Ford Pinto. :eek:
 

JW8725

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2005
740
1
UK
Threats to kill is a serious offence, wonder if we can persue action against this muppet and slap him behind bars?
 

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
29,776
12
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Sun Baked said:
I could be wrong about that though, they may be getting ready to release the Ford Pinto. :eek:
Or maybe the Ford Capri? :D When I was at Ford, at the height of the Nasser era, when Ford was at the height of re-invigorating itself, my manager described the Capri as "the last complete sh** car we made." :rolleyes:

Hopefully Vista will get a little bit of the "last" part going on.
 

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
2,395
2
Moorestown, NJ
mkrishnan said:
Or maybe the Ford Capri? :D When I was at Ford, at the height of the Nasser era, when Ford was at the height of re-invigorating itself, my manager described the Capri as "the last complete sh** car we made." :rolleyes:

Hopefully Vista will get a little bit of the "last" part going on.
i hope not then we can't point out its flaws and have our Mac superiority :)
 

ph0rce

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2005
303
0
Pft, that M$ guy is a complete idiot. if he kills google i may have to kill microsoft, and maybe someone who works there... ok, nah i wouldnt kill him, though i would send him HATE MAIL!
 

kalisphoenix

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2005
1,231
1
Okay, let's make a list of the companies that Microsoft has killed.

*switches to TextEdit and starts typing*

*watches as TextEdit crashes @ about line 450 000*

Fortunately, Google's a multi-billion company these days. I don't think they have much to fear from MS anymore. MS likes to pick on the little folks and the people who work with them, and Schmidt's not stupid enough to make any sort of deal with MS.
 

Evangelion

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2005
3,314
5
Steve Ballmer is an ass. Yes, he really is. And this tantrum perfectly demonstrates the problem that is Microsoft. Business and capitalism is not about "killing" the competition. It's about competing with them. But Microsoft is simply unable to co-exist with anyone. Some company is making money in a business that is somehow related to computers, software and/or internet? Unacceptable! It must be killed!

I have no high hopes for Microsoft changing their ways anytime soon. That culture of utter dominance is rooted too deep in to their DNA. Maybe, MAYBE if Steve Ballmer, Bill Gates, Jim Allchin, Martin Taylor and Craig Mundie gets kicked out and their entire board of directors gets replaced, they MIGHT learn to actually co-exists with other companies. But since I don't see that happening anytime soon, I see the total and complete destruction of Microsoft as the only viable way to ensure that we will have vibrant and healthy business-landscape in the IT-industry.
 

greatdevourer

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2005
1,996
0
Evangelion said:
Steve Ballmer is an ass. Yes, he really is. And this tantrum perfectly demonstrates the problem that is Microsoft. Business and capitalism is not about "killing" the competition. It's about competing with them. But Microsoft is simply unable to co-exist with anyone. Some company is making money in a business that is somehow related to computers, software and/or internet? Unacceptable! It must be killed!

I have no high hopes for Microsoft changing their ways anytime soon. That culture of utter dominance is rooted too deep in to their DNA. Maybe, MAYBE if Steve Ballmer, Bill Gates, Jim Allchin, Martin Taylor and Craig Mundie gets kicked out and their entire board of directors gets replaced, they MIGHT learn to actually co-exists with other companies. But since I don't see that happening anytime soon, I see the total and complete destruction of Microsoft as the only viable way to ensure that we will have vibrant and healthy business-landscape in the IT-industry.
Heh, true. The only company who needs "killing" are anti-competitive M$
 
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.