Baltimore, MD iPad2 Info

Discussion in 'iPad' started by deathcab4xtina, Mar 17, 2011.

1. deathcab4xtina macrumors regular

I lined up on launch day and got an iPad, unfortunately i had a problem, so it had to be returned and I was given a gift card with the value of the 64 GB wifi black iPad.

I was in line Tue, Wed, Thur with no luck at the Towson, MD Apple store.

Tuesday- No stcok
    Wednesday - 3g only
    Thursday - 16 & 32 wifi only

I am hoping tomorrow will be my day, I am exhausted from being up early at the apple store, going to school, and then work and doing it all over the next day.

SO post your Baltimore area info here...

ad let me know if ya see a 64GB wifi black anywhere...

I have $740 giftcard sitting in my pocket!

2. deathcab4xtina thread starter macrumors regular

3. MykullMyerz macrumors 6502

MykullMyerz

I'm going to try the Annapolis Mall store tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll luck up.

4. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

If you're cool with the extra ~20 minute+ drive, the Columbia store looks like it's had a better selection than Towson this week. They had stock on Tuesday (only 2, but still had some), and on Wed they had WiFi, AT&T, and Verizon models, in various capacities and colors. Don't know what yesterday looked like since I got mine on Wednesday. So if you strike out again at Towson, give Columbia a try.

(Also, on Wed I got to the mall at 5:20AM and was 3rd in line, so the line forms early there)

5. Steelers7510 macrumors 6502

Steelers7510

ME TOO!! I'm planning on getting there around 4.

6. deathcab4xtina thread starter macrumors regular

I went wednesday but they were out by the time I got there.,

7. MykullMyerz macrumors 6502

MykullMyerz

4 AM? Wow, you should definitely be able to snag one getting there that early.

8. MykullMyerz macrumors 6502

MykullMyerz

Has anyone tried the Bethesda Row or Montgomery Mall stores? I'm just curious.

9. Steelers7510 macrumors 6502

Steelers7510

Yeah at this point I will do anything I just want my damn iPad. :D

10. deathcab4xtina thread starter macrumors regular

I was late by 3 people... But I had a conversation with a manager about getting a replacement and she found one in the back for me! Thank god!!

11. deathcab4xtina thread starter macrumors regular

I didnt mean it to sound racist, but they were obviously scalping which is very annoying. Also some russians too, they were buying up 2 a piece, and checking them off their list. soooo annoying.

12. hcho3 macrumors 68030

While I agree that it is annoying, but I am having a hard time understanding how this is any different from any other products.

I have seen plenty of people doing this with xbox 360, wii and ps3 in the past.

It's just a game. Don't hate hate the player. Hate the rules.

However, I do think apple should limit the purchase to 1 per person to minimize these scalping. But then again, these scalpers are just lining up every day to take advantage of these things.

In the end, apple is just as much as to be blamed for not making enough units to meet the demands. They are also handling this whole thing very poorly. It's worse than iPhone 4.