Band availability in store: preorder or launch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Tycho24, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Tycho24 macrumors 68020

Tycho24

Anyone else desperately hoping they can buy these accessories ahead of the launch date?

2. Mr.C macrumors 601

I'm certainly not desperate but I am hoping in order to make it simpler. I'm hoping to preorder a second band as well as the longer charge cable separately online so I don't ha e to go hunting for them in the Apple stores.

3. Tycho24 thread starter macrumors 68020

Tycho24

Haha... ok, maybe "desperately" was strong wording, but I'm telling ya- I've always enjoyed getting like my new smart case or whatnot ahead of the product a few days later.
    It's kind of exciting to me to feel "prepared". Lol, I know there was a thread slamming it, so I'm almost hesitant to admit it, but- I actually got my screen protector from ArmorSuit the other day & was stoked!

4. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

Yeah that's a good question. I would avoid preorders for accessories as it may hold up the delivery of your watch by trying to reliever everything as one package.
    I don't think there would be a shortage of bands so in-store may be your best option for accessories

5. Tycho24 thread starter macrumors 68020

Tycho24

Yeah... it would be great to be able to bring a band home from my try on appointment. That way I didn't just drive an hour only to try on a Watch that I already preordered & know that I'm going to get, lol.

6. mbhforum macrumors 6502

There is no way the bands will be available on April 10th. Apple's return policy is 14 days which would mean a lot of people would get their watches 14 days after they buy their bands meaning they would be unable to return them. Apple wouldn't set this situation up which would make for a lot of unhappy customers.

7. stu.h macrumors 65816

stu.h

Just as I read this, the courier knocked on the door with my new BT earphones I plan on using with the AW :D

Bank holiday here as well!

8. Mr.C macrumors 601

Unless your try on appointment is on the 24th or later you won't be able to bring a watch band home.

----------

I also got my screen protector already from Tech Armor. I've been using their screen protectors on my iPhones and iPads for a while now and I'm happy with their quality. That said I'm useless at putting screen protectors on. There is place in one of my local shopping centres that for a charge will put them on phones and tablets so I'm hoping they will be willing to and able to put one on my watch.

9. Tycho24 thread starter macrumors 68020

Tycho24

Oh?
    I thought at this point all we had were guesses....

I used Smart Covers as an example because they have been available to purchase for the new iPads PRIOR to the arrival of said iPads.
    If you are in the store, trying on a band for the watch... & you can clearly see how it looks with the exact model you ordered, I don't see why they wouldn't start selling them asap. Obviously, they aren't the flagship product & don't have their own "release date".

10. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

If the iPhone is any indication, the accessories and the iPhone would be shipped separately even if preordered together. In fact, many people received their Apple case before the unit.

However, there are reports that the accessories would be available at launch (or shortly after) so I'm not sure about preorder.

11. Totalkharnage macrumors 6502

Totalkharnage

Which ones have you got out of interest? Thinking of picking some up too for use in the gym/running.

12. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

Am I the only one with a gym that plays great music? No need then for me. I used my ear buds a few times when hiking and long walks but realized I really want to hear what is going on around me more than I need music then.

13. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

Someone who claims to be an Apple employee did an AMA here and said bands will be available at launch. Take it with a grain of salt.

14. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Many sites are reporting this same information so his being an alleged employee is meaningless.

15. Brian Y macrumors 68040

I'm going to wait for third party bands to show up I think.

16. Locoboof macrumors 65816

Locoboof

Not the only one,but in the minority. At my gym the music is horrible. Lol. I need to join your gym. As far as being out in nature or a hike,I agree with you. I'd rather hear nature.

----------

I was thinking the same thing. Then I thought I don't know how comfortable I'd feel jogging with my 700.00 watch with a 1.29 knock-off band from Korea.

17. Mr.C macrumors 601

I'm sure the same companies that make cases and covers for the iPads and iPhones will make bands too. In fact I think some have already announced they are going to. I'm sure these will be of decent quality compared to those no brand cheap knock offs from the Far East.

18. Locoboof macrumors 65816

Locoboof

If there's a good quality one from a reputable company,then count me in! I was only referring to what I've seen on eBay currently.