Band based on ease of use..

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Gooberton, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Gooberton macrumors 65816

I was initially looking at the sport band for price reasons but the more I look I was thinking it looks uncomfortable ( along with apples track record with rubber) my phone case is peeled off within 2 weeks) but my main concern is it will be harder to get on/off EVERY night and every shower. The melense loop looks the easiest and most comfy.. What do you guys think as far as ease of use and quick on and off..

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Probably the link bracelet as it's one piece.

3. zacheryjensen macrumors 6502a

zacheryjensen

Probably something like this in order of ease of removing/reattaching:

1. Link Bracelet
    2. Modern Buckle
    3. Milanese Loop
    4. Leather Loop
    5. Sport Band
    6. Classic Buckle

It may be a toss up between the link bracelet and modern buckle as well as the loops. I feel confident the sport band will be easier to deal with than the classic buckle, if only a little.

4. Gooberton thread starter macrumors 65816

And it's annoying the modern buckle only comes in 38, just like apple to control every aspect exactly how THEY choose

5. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Apple would be smart to control that as the Modern Buckle is a ladies strap.

6. AreYouIn? macrumors 6502a

AreYouIn?

I wish it was a little larger. My wrist are 184 mm. I would love to get it. Not all women have small wrist.

I think the Milanese loop would be the easiest to take on or off. Also the leather loop.

7. Gooberton thread starter macrumors 65816

In a masculine color I don't see why, and nothing about it being "A ladies strap" again just like apple

8. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

The gender neutral colors are irrelevant. The quite large feminine clasp on the Modern Buckle makes it a ladies strap.

9. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

It's a woman's band.

10. orbital~debris macrumors 6502a

orbital~debris

Sorry you're self-limited by gender-based proclamations… oh well, more choice & availability for the rest of us who aren't so narrow-minded :D

11. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

It's not a matter of being narrow-minded but the rather large, rounded clasp style on the Modern Buckle is decidedly feminine. Reviewers who have seen it in person (John Gruber, etc.) and a majority of forum members are of the opinion that it's a ladies strap.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

Since when does the opinion of tech bloggers and macrumors forums members constitute whether something is or isn't for women?

Just because many may see it as feminine (as do I), others may not agree. You can therefore not say 'It is a ladies strap'. Unless of course you can show me where Apple have said specifically it is for ladies. And before you mention the silly 38mm is for women argument, I'm a man who is going for the 38mm version.

13. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Suppose I found a nice pair of red pumps in my size, but the manufacturer doesn't say anywhere on the box that they're intended for ladies (other than the shoe size), it's safe for me, as a guy, to wear them, right?

14. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

Link bracelets are by far the easiest ones I have ever used. Slip in the hand, close it and done. Once you size it you have a perfect fit.

I have huge hands and think I will likely fumble with the Milanese one. I just know it will slip out of that slot on me.

15. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

If that's what you want to wear, then yes.

The difference is though, we aren't talking about shoes. That pair of red pumps, will very likely be labelled specifically for ladies, and if they aren't it's even more likely that they'll be in the ladies section of a shop / website.

Unless you're telling me that Apple will have different sections in in stores, one dedicated to men, the other to ladies?

----------

This is just a guess on my part, but I haven't seen any images where the milanese loop is actually split into two parts, so I assumed that it cannot slip out of the slot?

16. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

What if I say I actually found a store that makes absolutely no such distinction? That store would then be in the same shoe (pun intended) as Apple :D

This is a free country. You can wear all the ladies clothes you want, but most people will be swayed by popular opinions.

17. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

Yes, but back back to the original argument, the Modern Buckle is not "a ladies strap".

18. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

A majority of responders disagree with you.

19. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

Maybe so, but it still doesn't mean it IS a ladies band. Seen as it isn't specifically being marketed as such, it's all just opinion.

20. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

All of the loops feed through a slot at the base of the watch. You pull it for a custom fit. The bands themselves (that one and the leather loops) are one long band.

21. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Apple would be dumb to market it as such because 38mn per se is neither a male nor female size, but they've provided enough clues as to who they're intended for.

22. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

The modern buckle is clearly a women's band. It looks feminine and is advertised that way in pictures of the watch like the ones below. If it was a unisex band it would have been offered in both sizes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

Actually the leather loop is two separate pieces.

Attached Files:

24. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Yeah, I find it odd that the loop part of the leather loop is at the bottom of the band and the Milanese loop is at the top part of the band.

25. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

OOPS. I never looked at the leather one that closely because I did not really like its look.

I disagree that the Modern Buckle is only for women. It all depends on your sense of fashion. I thought so at first but when I looked at the straps on some of my watches it really is not that much different. Just a little more rounded.

I am still getting used to men with white sunglasses and white watch bands.