band myspace help?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by likeavaliant, Aug 5, 2009.

1. likeavaliant macrumors regular

hey guys, don't normally post in the web development section, but i've been having trouble figuring this out, so i figured i'd ask anyways.

i'm trying to work on a band myspace page. everybody hates myspace but whatever. i'm having trouble with the footer on the page. nothing i do will make the footer disappear.

if you go to http://www.myspace.com/thekidsunitedohio and scroll to the bottom you can see what is bothering me. where there is a footer, i'd like it to be flush with the sides or gone all together.

could anybody view my source and tell me if theres a fix?

thanks

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Yea, I'm definitely one of those MySpace haters, but I have had luck helping people with styling their pages. Below are two solutions.

Code:
    /* This will remove the footer, except a 1px tall red line */
    #footerWarpper { /* yes, they really did misspell this */
     display: none;
    }

/* This will make the footers width the same as the rest of the page.
    Won't work in the fossil IE6, but fine with IE7+. */
    body > table {
     margin: 0 auto;
     width: 800px;
    }

3. Joined:
    Jun 30, 2009
    +1 to the first statement.

The id was most probably misspelled due to the fact that it has many international users, who happen to know HTML/CSS, but are not awesome English speakers.

Regarding the code, I suggest using width: 780px; as it is good practice, preventing a scroll bar on low resolutions.

4. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

800px is the width of the rest of his layout and matches the width for the navigation bars on the page. There's very few using that low of resolution these days as well.