Bands to go with 44mm Gold Aluminum model

Avenger

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
I bought the model with the pink sand sports band. I own a white one which is probably okay with it (will use it in the summer time). I’ve been recommended the midnight blue band which I think I will buy. I would think black and cocoa would go well with it as well. Does it bother anyone that the metal fitting that goes into the holes (don’t know what it is called) is silver usually?

jhfenton

macrumors 65816
Dec 11, 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
I bought the model with the pink sand sports band. I own a white one which is probably okay with it (will use it in the summer time). I’ve been recommended the midnight blue band which I think I will buy. I would think black and cocoa would go well with it as well. Does it bother anyone that the metal fitting that goes into the holes (don’t know what it is called) is silver usually?
The silver stud that shows on a normal sports band has never bothered me with my gold aluminum S2. The larger silver disk underneath the stud is covered up by the band in normal wear.

At times, I wear sports bands (all third-party) in almost every color. My favorite is probably an antique white sports band. Midnight blue looks good. Brown looks good.

This time, I purchased the S4 Gold Aluminum with Pink Sand Sports Loop, because I don't have a sports loop type band.

Avenger

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
The silver stud that shows on a normal sports band has never bothered me with my gold aluminum S2. The larger silver disk underneath the stud is covered up by the band in normal wear.

At times, I wear sports bands (all third-party) in almost every color. My favorite is probably an antique white sports band. Midnight blue looks good. Brown looks good.

This time, I purchased the S4 Gold Aluminum with Pink Sand Sports Loop, because I don't have a sports loop type band.
Antique white sounds good. I think the one which comes with the gold SS is stone which is also an off-white.

Reactions: jhfenton

sirenized

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2008
Black, red, oranges, greens, the only band I have that I do not like with it is stark white. The antique white is good as is the stone.

Reactions: jhfenton

smile1fish

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2017
I’ve had all the watches, and always in aluminum with a sports band and always in gold. My favorite combo was the gold a few years ago with the antique white (cream really) sports band and the matching gold “button” on the strap. I liked the matching gold on the strap! Last year the gold was a cross between yellow and rose gold, and I really didn’t like the pink band. I had a cream band, but still wasn’t crazy about it for some reason. I went to apple store and he had me try in the dark blue. I would never have picked it myself. I love it! I’ve had it on all year...dressy or not. I am ok that it has a silver button on it for some reason. This year I am buying the ss gold with the cream sports band and gold button. I just love the look of it!!!

Avenger

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
I’ve had all the watches, and always in aluminum with a sports band and always in gold. My favorite combo was the gold a few years ago with the antique white (cream really) sports band and the matching gold “button” on the strap. I liked the matching gold on the strap! Last year the gold was a cross between yellow and rose gold, and I really didn’t like the pink band. I had a cream band, but still wasn’t crazy about it for some reason. I went to apple store and he had me try in the dark blue. I would never have picked it myself. I love it! I’ve had it on all year...dressy or not. I am ok that it has a silver button on it for some reason. This year I am buying the ss gold with the cream sports band and gold button. I just love the look of it!!!
Is that antique white or cream band as you describe it with the gold button an apple band or a 3rd party one? I’m hearing a lot of good things about midnight blue as you said so I’m going to pick one up.

Reactions: smile1fish

Avenger

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
Basically none of my bands I had for my SS model look good with the gold.

I had a bunch of earth tones all the grey versions of the sports bands and the Milanese loop in silver. None of them work well with this colouring.
Yeah I think the colors other people have mentioned go better with it.

smile1fish

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2017
Is that antique white or cream band as you describe it with the gold button an apple band or a 3rd party one? I’m hearing a lot of good things about midnight blue as you said so I’m going to pick one up.
The cream strap with the gold button came with the Apple Watch itself. It could have been series 0, but I don’t remember, lol. From what I understand, any bands sold seperatly from Apple or a third party always have the silver button.
[doublepost=1537500972][/doublepost]
Here’s a picture I had in my phone. I have the 42mm and my friend had the 38mm also in gold.

Attachments

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.