Bandwagon Effect starting to take place with new iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Aqua Bliss, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Aqua Bliss macrumors 6502

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandwagon_effect

I see this with both my friends and co-workers. When the New iPad was announced last week, I preordered asap and about half of them said "ah, we're fine with our iPad2's" or "We'll wait for iPad4" or some other nonsense.

Now, the frenzy is really starting to take place... More people are talking about it, more media outlets are giving it airtime, and more people are wanting one. Sure enough, about 8 of the 10 people who didn't want one last week, are now clamoring to figure out how to get one on launch day.

Pre-Orders are now 2-3 weeks wait time until shipped, so all they have left is paying through the nose, or waiting in line / camping out on launch day.

Maybe while they're waiting in line, someone will walk past with their Samsung Galaxy tab and they will realize that they are being led like sheep and they'll all leave the line to go buy a Galaxy, for which there is no line. Or not.

2. treynolds macrumors regular

treynolds

Could be that the reason why there's no line for the GALAXY is that the functionality of the Samsung and the Apple, as well as their ecosystems are LIGHTYEARS apart?

Here the old adage applies: You get what you pay for.

3. Aqua Bliss thread starter macrumors 6502

It was meant to be solely sarcastic :)

But yes, you're right on both fronts.

4. treynolds, Mar 12, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2012

treynolds macrumors regular

treynolds

:) No problem. I just thought the pun was fun...

5. whtrbt7 macrumors 6502a

I think most people needed some time to see how significant a change the new Retina display is. It's the first time this kind of tech has been produced and available to consumers when it is released. Apple's hardware and software ecosystems are leveraged the right way too. I'm surprised there's no anti-trust suit launching.

I'm on the bandwagon with the rocket engines :p

6. treynolds macrumors regular

treynolds

Can't wait. Carly Simon singing "Anticipation" going through my mind right now...

7. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Am I on the bandwagon I wonder if I preordered and have a tracking number? :confused:

:cool:

8. whtrbt7 macrumors 6502a

9. skorpien macrumors 68020

On the band wagon and frothing at the mouth to get this... At this rate, I'm bound to have a heart attack when I get my tracking number :p