Bandwidth on a 2.93 Octo Core

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by archangel890, Sep 16, 2009.

1. archangel890 macrumors newbie

Alright I seem to be having random latency and lag issues on my mac pro on and off, random tiny spikes. Any suggestions on how to optimize my network a little better? Even suggestions for good routers might not be bad, mine is pretty old.

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

It helps to know what you have right now, what kind of cables you're running, when does this latency occur…

3. Dr.Pants macrumors 65816

Dr.Pants

Yep. Heck, if you can't figure out what it is, post photos. Although you should be able to tell how fast the network is running from the Network Utility.

Anyways, how do you know the latency occurs? Is it moving files around on your network?....

4. archangel890 thread starter macrumors newbie

Seems to be mainly when I am running WoW, no idea, and I am running all Cat6 cable, its quite a length, and my latency doesn't seem to actually change in game, but I can hear my Ventrilo stall for a second, and WoW will lock up and lag, not a frame rate thing but definitely lagwise since people run in place, and then it skips forward.

5. Dr.Pants macrumors 65816

Dr.Pants

Probably your ISP, if you ask me. Either volumetrically or giving you a high lag, 100-200ms.

6. Tesselator macrumors 601

Tesselator

I would tend to agree. Does it do it always? Or only during peak-usage hours?