Bang & Olufsen Setups or Opinions

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Hot Snowboarder, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Hot Snowboarder macrumors 6502

I would like to invest in a set of Bang & Olufsen 2.0/1ch speakers for my MBP.

Can anybody post pictures of their setups with BnO speakers. I would also welcome any opinions or experiences involving the companies speakers.

Thanks!

2. jonnyb macrumors 65816

I'm all Bang and Olufsened up in my house. I have a Beosound 9000 and Beolab 8000 speakers in the living room. The Apple TV is connected to the my TV and the TV audio to the BS9000 so I can stream iTunes music through the B&O.

In the bedroom I have a Beosound 4 connected to a pair of Beolab 3s which is streaming iTunes via an Airport Express.

In the spare bedroom I have a Beosound 1 connected to another Airport Express.

The whole lot is controlled by Remote on iPhone, of course!

The B&O speakers are beautiful to listen to. There has always been a bit of audiophile snobbery about B&O - that they're all show and no substance but their speakers (especially their recent acoustic lens models) have won plaudits in the press. I think Apple and B&O have a pretty similar ethos so they make perfect bedfellows. Beautifully designed, functional and lovely to use/listen to.

I'd throroughly recommend B&O as a complement to your Apple set up

3. d5smith macrumors newbie

Help with Apple TV on Beovision 7 32

Jonnyb,

you said you've B&O all throughout the house.
    I've just bought an Apple TV and there appears to be a few problems. Was wondering if you could help please?

1. Apple TV needs both video and audio output, but the telly only has 3 inputs on the side, how do I rectify this?
    2. Am seeing pictures, no sound...help?
    3. Picture is in B&W - any ideas what could be going wrong?

Many thanks in advance,
    Darren

4. billyr macrumors newbie

Hello JonnyB

I am very keen to know whether your TV is B&O as well. Like you I have a BS9000 with a pair of Beolab speakers.

I need to upgrade my existing Loewe CRT to a HD TV and am in a quandary as to whether to buy a B&O TV (either new or 2nd hand) which will retain the connectivity with my BS9000 and allow me to use it as my stereo plus surround sound (for which I will have to buy the extra speakers, preferably B&O) whenever I need t. I currently stream itunes from my MBP to an airport express connected to the A.Aux terminal of the BS9000.

When you say your BS9000 is connected to the audio out of the TV, that means that your TV has to be on for you to listen to music on the BS9000?
    with
    Anyway, reason for my post is to ask you whether there is any way around retaining my BS9000 as my main stereo device for listening to music but using a non-B&O TV (say Loewe) with built-in surround sound module. I am happy to invest in additional B&O speakers but the B&O TV prices are really horrendous.

Billyr