Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chuncaso90

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

After installing BANJO, the location based social app, my location services would not TURN OFF (in the status bar) and it was killing batteries. I didn't know what was triggering the GPS, so I deleted the most recent app I downloaded(banjo). Anybody having this issue?

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

EDIT: when the app is NOT running

Last edited by a moderator:

MacVig

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2012
Banjo App

Yes - since I downloaded it, I am seeing the same issue. I turned off notification for that app and will switch it on when I am somewhere where I feel like seeing if there someone else that I know who is trying to kill their battery!

I don't know how iOS allows Apps to monitoring their location by sampling rather than always having the phone on, but to me, this App will never get used, so I'm going to try it when in Toronto once and then I will hit delete.

Off topic, but I always thought that Apps like this should set up communities of interest rather than friends. For example - if you are signed up for your alma mater sports team, when someone is very close it should blare their college song on both devices. Most of the time, I'm not lounging about wondering which friend is within a 3 km radius that I would want to seek out - while I am always up for a quick high five with a like minded soul!

KLiKzg

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
after installing a BAN.JO app, the "location services" is always lighten up in purple color...something the app did during INSTALL messed up the "location services" setting & now my battery goes in half a day, opposed to 1,5days! btw, "location services" is still lighten up in purple color and the BAN.JO is removed from my system. so there is a first example of SPYWARE app in APPLE STORE! :eek:

my advice is to AVOID this app at any cost! :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.