Bank app fails

raylo32

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 9, 2018
Not sure what is going on but on my XR the bill pay function on my banking app fails to load payees, I just get the spinning wait icon, and the app is locked up so I have to force close. Everything else in the app works OK... and I have the same app on my work iPhone 6s and the bill pay works fine on that one. I have tried force closing the app and restarting. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I have tried powering down the phone and restarting it. Nothing makes any difference whatsoever. What on earth could cause part of a particular app to malfunction like this??

Edit... I deleted the app from my work phone and then reinstalled it and that one is doing the same exact thing now. I can't pay bills on either one. I am logged in on the app and all other account information is present. Just can't pay bills. WTF?

Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Not sure what is going on but on my XR the bill pay function on my banking app fails to load payees, I just get the spinning wait icon, and the app is locked up so I have to force close. Everything else in the app works OK... and I have the same app on my work iPhone 6s and the bill pay works fine on that one. I have tried force closing the app and restarting. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I have tried powering down the phone and restarting it. Nothing makes any difference whatsoever. What on earth could cause part of a particular app to malfunction like this??

Edit... I deleted the app from my work phone and then reinstalled it and that one is doing the same exact thing now. I can't pay bills on either one. I am logged in on the app and all other account information is present. Just can't pay bills. WTF?
Have you tried reaching out to the bank? (Might need to resort to using other methods to deal with that bank, like online banking through a web browser, or something else).

Reactions: willmtaylor

raylo32

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 9, 2018
Bank (big national bank with no holiday support?) is closed for the holiday and, besides, I doubt it is an issue with their servers since this has been going on for weeks. I wonder if an iOS update killed the app?? Web browser access and bill pay works fine with a PC but that is so 1990s. I am spoiled by the phone app's convenience.

Last edited:

chscag

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
Do you have a backup of your work phone? If so, restore the backup and then try the app again to see if it will work as before. And as advised, you should contact your bank to find out what's going on.