Bank Charge now missing??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by studIOS5, Sep 16, 2014.

1. studIOS5 macrumors 6502a

studIOS5

I logged on to my huntington account this morning to check to see if my iPhone 6 plus order or my leather case order (separate) had gone from pending to charged and they are both just GONE? Anyone else experiencing something similar? I called Apple right away and they said everything is fine on their end and even that the case had already been satisfied money wise on their end. Just wanted to see if anyone here has experienced something similar before I get on the phone with the bank. thanks!

2. RyanG macrumors 6502

the original "charges" were just pre-auths. they drop after a couple days. once your items actually ship, they will charge your card.

3. studIOS5 thread starter macrumors 6502a

studIOS5

So I shouldn't be concerned even if apple says they have charged my card for the case but there is no such charge on my account?

4. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

Just like you preordered a phone online, your bank preordered the money from your bank account. Get ready to ship them the money once they ship the phone.

5. Kramer73 macrumors member

Kramer73

I have the same problem with citizens bank my pre authorized charges have disappeared today. They were there last night and were supposed to be withdrawn today. Hopefully it's good news like he said.....

6. RyanG macrumors 6502

remember, transactions are sometimes delayed when viewing them through your online banking portal (1-3 business days). is your order still in processing? this is nothing I would worry about personally. if Apple said there isn't a billing issue, I wouldn't worry at all.

my card was pre-authed friday, prepared to ship on sunday, pre-auth dropped on monday and actual charge just showed up today.

7. bulbousnub macrumors 6502

I've got Huntington and my charge is missing as well. They charge when the phone ships and since I don't have a tracking number, I'm going to assume that the hold expired and it should hit again here in the next day or so.

8. studIOS5 thread starter macrumors 6502a

studIOS5

thanks for putting my mind at ease guys! I appreciate it