Bank Fraud Question

MrRugged

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 9, 2016
So I placed my order and everything looked good. Got 11/3 delivery on my email confirmation. I wake up this morning to a text from my bank saying they declined the transaction because of fraud. I have been frantically trying to get through to Apple but of course it is all tied up and just kicking me out. I went online to my order status and it did have an option to reprocess payment. I did that and it now looks okay but want to make sure I don't lose my delivery window. Has anyone had any experience with that?

sparkhill

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2010
You should be fine. This happens frequently. I am actually expecting, based on previous orders, that I will have to do the same thing.

Last edited:

Avenger

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2007
It's good you did it online. People often talk to the phone staff about things like adding express shipping yada yada and their order winds up getting put at the end of the queue.

MrRugged

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 9, 2016
I panicked when I woke up and called the bank. They didn't understand and were just like "replace the order." I told them I couldn't but they didn't understand at all. Luckily, I logged in online to check the order status when I couldn't get through to apple and it had an option to reprocess and it seems to have gone through. I am finally on hold waiting for apple to confirm that everything went through okay. Can't believe I got in on time for 11/3 delivery and don't want this to mess it up.

lordhamster

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2008
So I placed my order and everything looked good. Got 11/3 delivery on my email confirmation. I wake up this morning to a text from my bank saying they declined the transaction because of fraud. I have been frantically trying to get through to Apple but of course it is all tied up and just kicking me out. I went online to my order status and it did have an option to reprocess payment. I did that and it now looks okay but want to make sure I don't lose my delivery window. Has anyone had any experience with that?
I'm glad you posted this and were able to fix it online. I placed an order for a Verizon in-store pickup phone... using my Amex. Later in the morning when applying for an ETA Visa to Australia, I realized I had typed the wrong expiration date into the Apple system! AAAARGH