Banking on iPhone 4 Jailbroken

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by AutomaticHaze, Dec 9, 2010.

1. AutomaticHaze macrumors regular

Is it safe to bank over the Bank Of America app over 3G, on a jailbroken iPhone 4? I've been jailbreaking for a while, i started with my 3G iPhone, but now im about to jailbreak my iPhone 4 and i use it for mobile banking.

Yes i will use SSH, and yes i will change my root and mobile passwords.. just seeing if everyone thinks it's a safe thing to do on a jailbroken device.

Im probably just being paranoid :eek: but i just want my info safe! Thanks to all for any help.

Also: Planning on using Limera1n instead of greenpois0n. Any advantages to the other method? As far as i can see their about the same.

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Yes, it perfectly safe. I do it all the time on my iPhone. Jailbreaking your iPhone has nothing do with people stealing your bank information.

There is really no difference between LimeRa1n and GreenPois0n, just different creators.

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

quite simple Jailbreaking is not as bad as it sounds it's more about freeing the device from restrictions imposed by Apple. IMO making it better but some people don't agree and prefer a unjailbroken device. it's not for everybody I suggest you do some reading before doing it. and FWI if you do try it and don't like it just restore the Apple firmware. BTW I use BofA as well as USSA bank with no fear! :D

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

5. AutomaticHaze thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for all the help. I'm familiar with jailbreaking, i jailbroke my 3G and my iPod touch :p I just wasn't sure because i didn't want some random app from cydia throwing my passwords across the web. Thanks again! Just jailbroke with limera1n.. time go download everything i used to have haha.

6. SavMBP15 macrumors 6502

The only way for a 'random' app from cydia to be installed on your phone is if you install it.