Banner notifications don't disappear

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by jaredlipsitz, Sep 14, 2014.

1. jaredlipsitz macrumors member

Since iOS 8, sometimes my banner notifications don't disappear after a few seconds and I have to swipe up for them to do so. Anyone else have the same problem?

2. TheBuffather macrumors 6502

TheBuffather

Yes, I have had the same problem. Haven't heard anyone else speak of it yet, nor have I found a fix.

3. lancastor macrumors 6502a

4. atlchamp macrumors 68000

atlchamp

5. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1775426

6. taedouni macrumors 65816

I think that it's a problem because it's trying to let you interact with the notification like facebook messages but they can't interact because facebook messages hasn't been updated to support it.

7. zorinlynx macrumors 603

zorinlynx

I have the opposite problem; a notification appears but I can't swipe it away. I swipe and swipe and it ignores me as if giving me the finger.

I'm sorry, but what the everloving ****? How does a bug this obvious make it into the GM? This is **** that should have been fixed ages ago. Just like the keyboard not appearing for a fraction of a second when opening messages.

Sloppy sloppy, Apple. Fix your damned QC, or better yet, open up your betas more so non-developer geeks can run them; we can report bugs just as well as anyone else even though we don't write code.

8. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Something else must be in play since most don't seem to be experiencing that.

9. EJ8 Suspended

EJ8

I have this problem also. No amount of swiping up makes them disappear.

10. Krabba macrumors regular

Krabba

I'm having the same issue. Mine don't disappear from certain apps (Messages, Mail and GroupMe that I've noticed so far) until I flick them up. I can also pull down to reply. I updated to 8.0.2 last night and it seemed to correct the problem, but only temporarily as it has returned. Frustrating bug for sure.

11. JWorld127 macrumors 6502

JWorld127

Same problem here. When I receive a text message the notification stays on top until i swipe it up. Thought 8.0.2 would fix this but nothing yet.

12. LordQ Suspended

LordQ

This was actually fixed with 8.0.1 and ****ed up again with 8.0.2...

13. malochico1 macrumors 6502

yea whenever in landscape, i cant even swipe them up..i have no choice but to either click on it or to switch it horizontal for it to go away...annoying!