Banner notifications won't go away

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by jonnyb098, Nov 2, 2016.

1. jonnyb098 macrumors 68020

jonnyb098

its been almost two months......does anyone else know why RANDOMLY some banner notifications won't go away in iOS 10 on their own ????? Sometimes it's messages, sometimes its calendar. I figured such an obvious bug would be fixed by now. Very very annoying.

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

What iOS version are you using (in case this might have been addressed in one of the more recent updates)?

3. BeefCake 15 macrumors 65816

BeefCake 15

Yes, I run into the same issue on latest iOS 10 but it got better with the last update but don't think fully gone.

4. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

5. jonnyb098, Nov 2, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2016

jonnyb098 thread starter macrumors 68020

jonnyb098

I'm on the latest version 10.1.1 and it's very random as I said. Sometimes notifications will stick with messages, sometimes they don't. Usually calendar notifications always stick.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 2, 2016 ---
    Yes, I'm not a novice user. Not even trying to brag but I notice a lot of the stupid little bugs like this within a few hours of a new OS release. I could easily generate a long list of silly bugs very quickly which makes me wonder who exactly tests this stuff at Apple. I know bugs are bugs but these stupid little things are part of the " new apple" I guess.

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

And you are sure something like Calendar notifications aren't set to alerts (vs banners)?

7. jonnyb098 thread starter macrumors 68020

jonnyb098

Ok I checked and calendars were set to alerts but it still doesn't explain the issue with messages. Those are set to banners only and they still stick on the screen sometimes.

8. daijholt macrumors 65816

daijholt

Only happens to me when I'm using google maps or apple maps.

I'll be navigating and get a whatsapp or email banner that stays at the top until I remove it manually.

9. BigOrangeOgre macrumors newbie

BigOrangeOgre

Can confirm, while watching videos, or using nav. Banner notifications do not go away. I am on the most recent version of the ios. If there is a way to correct this, i would like to know.

Edit... there is now a setting in the notifications, it must be set default to persistent, hope this helps.