Bantr: Looking For Beta Testers - Reddit/Twitter/FB Alternative!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by gjrevans, May 14, 2012.

1. gjrevans macrumors member

gjrevans

Hey Everyone,

My team and I are looking for some help Beta Testing a new social app. The app is essentially a new way for iOS users to share with one another socially. In my mind, it's evident that the instant messaging boat has sailed (whatsapp, imessage etc.) and social networks are already situated (facebook, twitter, G+ etc.). Instead, we are building this app with the goal in mind of helping users connect, and share with one another without a) having to give away tons of their personal information and b) do so in a more "user-friendly" / less community focused environment (many people I've talked to enjoy things like Reddit and Twitter but dislike how exclusive they seem). Our plan is not to try and differentiate our product as its own entity but instead embrace the existence of these other amazing technologies and networks by connecting with their API's and in turn focus on connecting users with content that has been created anonymously (or not - up to the users) and to do it on a whole new level!

If you want to give the app a try, we've created a Google form for Signup here: http://bit.ly/IAP1mD

We got a discussion going on here: http://www.facebook.com/groups/275977669159429/ (I welcome you to join and post your ideas, feedback etc.)

Our Mission Mumbojumbo:
    ‎"Bantr" is a new and upcoming social community, built for users by users. Our goal is to combine a mixture of content delivery and consumption tools to create the most exciting and user friendly social curation system in the world. To accomplish this goal we need your help! By signing up for the Bantr Beta you will be one of the first users to become a part of this exciting community. As the application progresses and our first build becomes available, we will contact you at the email provided below so that you can start Bantering!

Thanks so much!

Please feel free to email me with any questions: gjrevans@gmail.com

2. gjrevans thread starter macrumors member

gjrevans

10 More Beta Slots Available!

Hey Everyone,

EDIT: We've had a great response from the MacRumors community thus far, thank you all so much! There are however, 10 slots left to become a part of the Bantr Beta team!

The Details: Bantr is a new social sharing and community building app. Our goal is to combine a mixture of content delivery and consumption tools to create the most exciting and user friendly social curation system in the world.

I want to make it clear that we are well aware of the fact that the instant messaging boat has sailed (whatsapp, imessage etc.) and that existing social networks are already situated (facebook, twitter, instagram, G+ etc.). Instead, we are building this app with the intent of helping users connect across these multiple platforms without:

a) Having to give away tons of their personal information
    b) Do so in a more "user-friendly" / less community focused environment (many people I've talked to enjoy things like Reddit and Twitter but dislike the level of exclusivity).

Our plan is not to try and differentiate our product as its own entity (so many apps have done so in the past and failed), but instead embrace the existence of these other amazing technologies and their networks (through the use of public API's). Bantr will thus focus on connecting users with awesome, relevant, user generated content from all around the world (anonymously or not - up to the users), that does not require sifting through news feeds, random twitter posts, boring pictures etc.

The Signup: We've got a google form set up for signup here - http://bit.ly/IAP1mD

The Discussion:
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/275977669159429/ (I welcome you to join and post your ideas, feedback etc.)

Thanks so much!

Please feel free to email me with any questions: gjrevans@gmail.com