bar on top grey

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by pkagel, May 20, 2010.

1. pkagel macrumors regular

The bar on the top of my 1G Touch has gone grey and shows nothing. I've tried restoring it to no avail. Any suggestions?

2. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

What software version are u running. And if a restore dident work well idk so maby other members will know some cool tricks. If anything take it to an ape store.

3. pkagel thread starter macrumors regular

OK I have looked a bit closer at it. At the very edges it is a bit rounded but kinda jagged at the same time. I can see just the very edge of the white status symbols.

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Does the issue show up in screenshots? Press both physical buttons at the same time and the screen will flash, and it'll store a screenshot in the Photos app.

Also, what happens if you rotate the device to landscape or open a fullscreen game?

5. pkagel thread starter macrumors regular

Good question. I'll have to try that after it's done sync'ing.

6. pkagel thread starter macrumors regular

OK, I took some screen shots but the grey doesn't stay on them. The grey does stay in the same place when I tilt the ipod, ie, when it is in portrait it's at the top and in landscape it's on the left.

7. pkagel thread starter macrumors regular

Real weird, it's clearing up a couple millimeters a day. Maybe somebody will eventually come up with some sort of answer.