Barack Obama as a write in...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by corywoolf, Jan 15, 2008.

1. corywoolf macrumors 65816

corywoolf

Well I just got back from voting for the Michigan Primaries. I had to choose either the Democratic ballot or Republican ballot. I haven't seen anyone worth while on the Republican side, so I chose the Democratic ballot. I was shocked that Obama was not one of the options. at the top of the list was Dennis Kucinich. So I tried writing in Obama, but the marker I had to use was so thick that I don't think it could be read. Very funny to see the looks on the volunteers's faces at the place. I am probably the only one to request a Democratic ballot there today. I live near Howell, MI. Almost everybody is Republican. :eek:

Oh and this is not meant to turn into some stupid political debate (otherwise it'd be in the political section). I just wonder why Obama didn't make the list?

2. tefleming macrumors 6502

The DNC took all of Michigan's convention delegates as a punishment for moving their primary without permission.

Everyone but Hillary (and I guess Kucinich) had their names removed to show that they stood with Iowa, NH, etc.

3. corywoolf thread starter macrumors 65816

corywoolf

Edwards was on it too. I just found out that write-in's aren't going to be counted. Why do they even offer a write in option if it will disqualify the vote? It was just a frustrating experience, no wonder so few vote these days. This was my first time voting, maybe the last.

4. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Just for a primary? At least wait until you participate in a REAL election before you become disillusioned. :p

5. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Some punishment. :(

6. nickster9224 macrumors 6502a

nickster9224

well you would have been able to vote for obama if your state hadnt wanted its primary so early.

7. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I can see why Michigan wanted its primary so early. Its to call attention to a state that needs some attention.

8. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

The first thing the presumptive nominee will do is move to have Michigan's delegates reinstated. Just like the first thing the mods will do is move this thread to PRSI.

9. adalia macrumors newbie

Welcome to this forum

Welcome! It’s easy to find a boarding school. You can assure if you know first the back ground of the school or even the boarding place before living. So you can visit this site for you to get the information easily.