Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimthing

macrumors 68000
Apr 6, 2011
Oprah has been promoting scammers and charlatans on her show for years and years. I don’t watch things like this or Goop or Dr Oz or Jerry Springer. It’s all very low IQ Idiocracy stuff. That also goes for The Apprentice btw.
Quite; strictly Shakespeare, Twain, Balzac, Goethe, et al.!

weup togo

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2016
Ex-Presidents are addressed directly as President, but referred to as former President, since that is true.

Reactions: ajfahey

az431

Suspended
Sep 13, 2008
Portland, OR
Ya know it’s not even the politics involved, I’m just not interested in this mans story. Other than be president, what sets him apart? He went from private school to private school, taught law, became a community organizer and then a politician when a sex scandal put a senator seat in front of him etc etc. I like Obama as a person and a father, I just don’t find his life to be a book worth reading or a documentary worth watching, especially since we know any such project is going to gloss over the less than cheerful or complimentary aspects of it because duh.

Here's a suggestion. Don't watch. What are you hoping to accomplish by ranting about how much you dislike him?

TMRJIJ

macrumors 68040
Dec 12, 2011
South Carolina, United States
Ya know it’s not even the politics involved, I’m just not interested in this mans story. Other than be president, what sets him apart? He went from private school to private school, taught law, became a community organizer and then a politician when a sex scandal put a senator seat in front of him etc etc. I like Obama as a person and a father, I just don’t find his life to be a book worth reading or a documentary worth watching, especially since we know any such project is going to gloss over the less than cheerful or complimentary aspects of it because duh.
I have no argument for this. Seems like a sensible reason not to watch for you.

Reactions: davesly

wood1208

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2015
You don't get Nobel peace prize by standing for America/Americans. You have to potray nicey nicey image on world stage even country like China kept screwing America. I am no democrat or republican or Independent but good American and care for the country. Mr. Trump is one president who stood against mighty China even that screwed his presidency.
Politics wins against die hard patriotic. Irony of life.

Braderunner

Suspended
Oct 2, 2015
Tralfamadore
Your friendly reminder that even Apple has a political agenda.
I'm looking forward with Oprah's interview with Trump... oh wait... that's not happening? ...weird... :rolleyes:
trump is too stupid to do a real interview. And...too fragile.
Im wrong, you say? Give me one example where he had an intelligent conversation...with anyone...and answered real questions.

Braderunner

Suspended
Oct 2, 2015
Tralfamadore
You don't get Nobel peace prize by standing for America/Americans. You have to potray nicey nicey image on world stage even country like China kept screwing America. I am no democrat or republican or Independent but good American and care for the country. Mr. Trump is one president who stood against mighty China even that screwed his presidency.
Politics wins against die hard patriotic.
Love it when far righters...like you...pretend to be “centered”. ???

vipergts2207

macrumors 601
Apr 7, 2009
Columbus, OH
I really genuinely un-sarcastically have pity for anyone who spends their rather limited leisure time still fantasizing about a former President, especially a media propped up one whose accomplishments include, but are not limited to:
-appearing on as many frivolous late night shows and Hollywood skits as humanly possible as an entertainer (because he doesn't have an ego, only our current president does - and he can be all places at once, to both entertain and lead at the same time),
-putting kids in cages,
-initially being against gay marriage
-taxing the uninsured,
-bombing Yemen,
-turning a blind eye to Benghazi and using a 'YouTube video' as the excuse for its incitement,
-promoting and chiming in on faked hate crimes,
-solidifying and furthering identity politics culturally,
-sending cash to Iran,
-weaponizing IRS and our IC against his political opponents
-apologizing for America internationally,
-going after journalists more than any other previous administration (actually going after, not just 'mean tweets' when they are willfully dishonest)
-always telling Americans they have to work harder and its not enough for his approval,
-artificially inflating jobs numbers because people working multiple part time and/or poorly paying jobs,
-claiming responsibility for economic growth of his successor despite saying it would impossibly require a magic wand
-spying on an incoming administration and working against it every single day of his retirement
-unmasking a private citizen
-misleadingly and unwisely 'warning' North Korea was the biggest threat he would face, and all it took was a conversation -- seems the biggest threat is in house

But he has a fantastic smile and wonderful oration skills and D next to his name, so foggetaboutit

Buy the endless supply of books, listen to the podcasts, watch the shows. It cannot and will not ever be enough. OBEY!

Life is short. 'Come on man' make it rain on those dislikes :D

giphy.gif

Meanwhile, at least until Trump came along, Republicans talked about Reagan like he was the second coming, even decades later. He's probably been replaced by Trump in that regard now, so now we have two decades of that to look forward to..

kovalchuk71

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2008
that should make you afraid of the country we live in if he gets banned from Twitter. just bc you don't like him, doesn't mean he should get banned.

Yet liberals call the Republicans "fascists". Thank god I got rid of social media (especially Twitter). Some of the people on that site make my skin crawl.

I'm more libertarian than anything, but these nutjobs online calling for the "re-programming" of Republicans is terrifying. Debating is no longer allowed. If you're not on the correct "side", you are immediately the enemy.

I hope the pendulum swings back towards center and we can all get along again soon. The sooner you realize that politicians couldn't care less about you, the better your life will be. I despise politics.

Last edited:

vipergts2207

macrumors 601
Apr 7, 2009
Columbus, OH
Yet the left calls the Republicans "fascists". Thank god I got rid of social media (especially Twitter). Some of the people on that site make my skin crawl.

I'm more libertarian than anything, but these nutjobs online calling for the "re-programming" of Republicans is terrifying. Debating is no longer allowed. If you're not on the correct "side", you are immediately the enemy.

I hope the pendulum swings back towards center and we can all get along again soon. The sooner you realize that politicians couldn't care less about you, the better your life will be.

Can the pendulum swing much more toward the center. Ultimate centrist Biden in the executive, the slimmest House Democratic majority in Decades and a Senate near 50/50 with likely Republican control. How do you get more toward the center than that?

user_xyz

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2018
I really genuinely un-sarcastically have pity for anyone who spends their rather limited leisure time still fantasizing about a former President, especially a media propped up one whose accomplishments include, but are not limited to:
-appearing on as many frivolous late night shows and Hollywood skits as humanly possible as an entertainer (because he doesn't have an ego, only our current president does - and he can be all places at once, to both entertain and lead at the same time),
-putting kids in cages,
-initially being against gay marriage
-taxing the uninsured,
-bombing Yemen,
-turning a blind eye to Benghazi and using a 'YouTube video' as the excuse for its incitement,
-promoting and chiming in on faked hate crimes,
-solidifying and furthering identity politics culturally,
-sending cash to Iran,
-weaponizing IRS and our IC against his political opponents
-apologizing for America internationally,
-going after journalists more than any other previous administration (actually going after, not just 'mean tweets' when they are willfully dishonest)
-always telling Americans they have to work harder and its not enough for his approval,
-artificially inflating jobs numbers because people working multiple part time and/or poorly paying jobs,
-claiming responsibility for economic growth of his successor despite saying it would impossibly require a magic wand
-spying on an incoming administration and working against it every single day of his retirement
-unmasking a private citizen
-misleadingly and unwisely 'warning' North Korea was the biggest threat he would face, and all it took was a conversation -- seems the biggest threat is in house

But he has a fantastic smile and wonderful oration skills and D next to his name, so foggetaboutit

Buy the endless supply of books, listen to the podcasts, watch the shows. It cannot and will not ever be enough. OBEY!

Life is short. 'Come on man' make it rain on those dislikes :D

giphy.gif

Marvelous Exposition!!
LIKE!!!

kovalchuk71

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2008
Can the pendulum swing much more toward the center. Ultimate centrist Biden in the executive, the slimmest House Democratic majority in Decades and a Senate near 50/50 with likely Republican control. How do you get more toward the center than that?
I was more referring to the current social climate. My apologies for not clarifying.

Also, Kamala kind of throws Biden's "centrist" platform off a bit. She is no where near center. With Biden's health seeming to decline, she has a very strong shot at becoming the CIC at some point over the next four years. That alone makes me uneasy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.