Barclaycard/Apple Refurbished Store?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by AprilFool29, Oct 7, 2014.

1. AprilFool29 macrumors newbie

I have searched everywhere for an answer to this question. If I buy a MacBook from the refurbished store, would the Barclay deferred interest plan still be in effect? The only answer I got from Barclay (auto response) is that, to take advantage of the deferred interest promotion, it can only be used at Apple Store or apple.com. However, is the refurbished store still a part of that? I don't want to buy there, thinking I'm saving money, only to find out I'll be paying interest right away and end up paying for almost 2 MacBooks! :eek: Thank you to anyone who can advise me.

2. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

Looking at the UK store, when a refurb item is viewed in the basket you get the option for 'Finance Available' so it should work - though at the moment in the UK the 0% option isn't available, just the normal 14.9%.

3. resale macrumors newbie

It should work for you, I got my refurb 15in Retina earlier this year.

4. ggibson913 macrumors 6502a

ggibson913

I bought mine as a refurb on the Barclay card interest free without a problem, but you have to either apply as new or wait for them to offer a promo. If you apply for the card, you only have 30 days to purchase your item to take advantage of the promo. I hope this helps.