Barclaycard Finance UK

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by skate71290, Aug 13, 2012.

1. skate71290 macrumors 6502a

Hey everyone, last night i happily ordered a rMBP, despite many of the "issues" people have been having on this forum, i wanted a gorgeous laptop that will power me through the next 2 years... excited, you bet!

Anyway, i applied for Barclaycard finance over two years, was provisionally accepted, last night, then accepted this morning, and received a confirmation of my application dated 12th August 2012.

i just wanted to ask how long (if anyone knows from previous experience) it takes Barclays to tell Apple as such to continue with my order? Since the application was all online and requires no forms to sign or anything i'm hoping it won't be too long (the lead time of 7 days for the rMBP itself is going to be painful enough).

Thanks, and looking forward to joining the rMBP cult, i cannot wait to get my hands on the best piece of computing equipment available yet :D

2. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

I used Barclays for the 0% option they occasionally run, from memory although you've been accepted they still require you to sign and return the paper work so Apple can release the goods

3. skate71290 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I know they used to do that in the UK, but they haven't mentioned anything about signing and returning any documents (i know that in the UK, the majority of credit companies allow digital signatures, whether it isn't allowed in the US i'm not sure).

4. davedee65 macrumors regular

davedee65

I've used Barclays finance a couple of times and although the initial application is all online you still have to sign and post them the paperwork. Nothing will happen until they have your signature etc.

Cheers

5. skate71290 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Shame, now i play the waiting game :( Thanks guys :)

6. ohgreen macrumors newbie

I've literally just ordered myself a MBP through Barclays and had to send my confirmation documents by post. They send two emails with the link to download a PDF or request the documents be sent to your address.

I rang their customer services and requested that I email the signed documents to no avail and was told it had to be mailed, I sent it special delivery yesterday and it was confirmed today.

It is now shipped and delivery is guaranteed for tomorrow evening :)

7. skate71290 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hey everyone, just thought i would update you. I didn't need to send any documents in for some reason, after like 36 hours Apple emailed me saying they were processing my order. I wonder if the physical paper signature is a US only thing (maybe a legal requirement, i know many UK companies can accept a digital signature for many things, including phone contracts and credit cards).

My rMBP isn't due until the end of August, bummed out :( but it's on its way :D

8. anem0ne macrumors newbie

I know this is a waaaaaaay late reply to thread but, is there anyone who can explain how a digital signature with this process works? Thanks!