Barclays 'pingit' app- crash on launch

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by declandio, Feb 19, 2012.

1. declandio macrumors 6502

Has anyone else tried this app? I installed it last night and it just crashes when I launch it. Am wondering if it's related to being jailbroken (iPhone 4, 5.0.1).

iTunes is full of 4/5 star reviews and no mention of the app crashing (hence why I'm wondering if it's related to being jailbroken). Would they disable the app on jb phones for security reasons?

2. budgynana macrumors member

Won't launch for me also, same setup.

Wouldn't surprise me if there's jailbreak detection in the app, certainly wouldn't be the first app to do it!

3. jmmo20 macrumors 65816

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Some developers put jailbreak detection in their apps.
    Perhaps you are correct.

5. cperchard macrumors 6502a

It doesn't work on jailbroken phones....i'm sure it even says so on the app....hence i deleted it.

6. Dipzb90 macrumors member

according to the developer of Xcon he says he is working on it and it will be in the next update of the app

7. Basilhead1 macrumors newbie

Pingit crash

I have a non-jailbroken iPhone4. Never been able to open it as it crashes on boot up... Have deleted software total of 3 times and reinstalled, quite a procedure and sadly it still does it.
    Have spoken to Barclays Pingit foreign call centre 'the helpline' who (after "their computer" crashed and had to take me through security twice total 14 minutes - told me she had never heard about the issue).
    Anyway, they couldn't put me through to the technical help as all lines were experiencing "high demand" - they promised to call me back on the 'registered Mobile' within 24hours... This will be an issue in itself as i will not be able to talk to them while correcting the app...

8. jimmy83 macrumors 65816

Anyone have any news on a working fix to get UK Barclays apps working on jailbroken iPhones/iPads?