Barcode Scanner

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by skitr31, Jan 22, 2009.

1. skitr31 macrumors newbie

Hey, I've got a barcode scanner on my mac, it works fine, but everytime the computer restarts, or i unplug and reconnect the barcode scanner, it wants me to setup the keyboard. It wants me to press the button to the right of the shift key, which it obviously doesnt have. If it press a button on my normal keyboard and then manually set the scanner up as a std US 102 key etc, it jsut tried to install it again next time i restart etc.

If i click cancel, once again it works fine, but wants to re-install it. how can i stop this?

cheers

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

I'm not sure what's going on there, but I suppose you could print a barcode of the letter "z", and another one of "/". Whenever you were asked to press those buttons, just scan the barcodes. Annoying workaround, but it's an annoying problem. :confused:

3. skitr31 thread starter macrumors newbie

I did think of that, but i cant find any single letter barcodes, they are all single number, im not even sure if it does letters.

there must be a work around, what about people with usb numpads? Is there a way to force gewneric drivers on it?

4. skitr31 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. surflordca macrumors 6502a

surflordca

By any chance have you looked for updated software for your scanner?