Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

linuxcooldude

macrumors 68020
Mar 1, 2010
We have "EC Cards" that use & pin and are accepted by most stores but unless its a very big international chain like Zara or H&M they dont accept credit cards. barely anyone i know has a credit card unless its a person who travels a lot.

a credit card for germans means = i dont have the money but i still want something so i buy it anyway even though i dont know exactly when i can pay it off lol

it always feels amazing when i go back to spain and can pay with credit cards at a bar or even at mc donalds lol *mind blown*

They never heard of Debit cards?...lol

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
Wifi ac with the TC and beamforming technology you will be getting up to 1 Gb data transfer if you have that much on your provider
so yes i hope for both wifi ac and nfc..but if just one will be in, i choose wifi over nfc

Skika

macrumors 68030
Mar 11, 2009
Are there any practical usages in iPhone for wifi ac chip? The only one i can think of is a bit faster wifi syncing.

macfacts

macrumors 601
Oct 7, 2012
Cybertron
At least you can say you had NFC "first." That's more important than how useful it is to some people. ;)

I'm surprised they haven't made their rounds here yet.

Android fans only bring up who did what first because Apple has sued other companies for things like rounded rectangles, rubber band bounce in scrolling ,etc. If Apple didn't sue, no one would be bringing up who did what first.

chrmjenkins

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2007
MD
I was trying to compare the pad array for the A8 against the A7 and noticed the iPhone 6 PCB shot is actually cropped since the board is at a slight angle. It appears that the iphone 6 PCB is slightly wider but the pin count is much the same between the two (it's difficult to tell because the resolution makes some of the pads appear to run together).

5S board for reference:

iphone_5s_5_logic_boards_front.jpg

bigchrisfgb

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2010
Kinda makes me mad if NFC happens on the iPhone, because NFC should have been part of iPhone 5 and 5S already. I thought it was because Apple had something completely different in mind (iBeacons and such).
I think the initial aim was to use Bluetooth LTE for mobile payments, however that technology seems to be for location based services. NFC is already in a huge % of card readers, chains very rarely update their hardware so having to change to bluetooth let readers would have been a huge stumbling block. Just after the 2012 Olympics Visa were pretty much begging Apple to bring out an NFC iPhone to push NFC usage. Since Apple have reportedly been in discussions with payment companies like Visa then I could see the likes of Visa only working with them if they use NFC as the means for mobile payments. This is likely the reason why NFC is almost certain to have NFC and why the 5 and 5s didn't.

Derekuda

Suspended
Oct 2, 2004
Seriously people, if you want NFC and a bigger screen and other amazing features, switch to Android. I just switched to a galaxy S4, after using iPhone for years, and I finally get what my friends were talking about when they would constantly tell me I'm missing out. The possibilities with Android are limitless, not to mention my battery life is almost double.

P4ulypops

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2014
Web Developer
Just a couple of thoughts,

1) Doesn't NFC mean wireless charging? As per what a waterproof (re: iTime) would possibly need?

2) Doesn't NFC, it being a standard, help out with manufacturers who want to pare their device; such as medical or fitness; with the hub-device (the iPhone)

3) Wouldn't they want it it in Laptops and Desktops, as per that mysterious gizmo the other month?

4) I would love for London's Oyster system to be able to be pocket-free. Venues can also be completely automated as per human-traffic is concerned.

5) Hand's up who's with me to create a Vending Machine using these combinations of tech?

BigHonkingDeal

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2009
Fort Pierce
That's rather amazing..... When I lived in Frankfurt am Main 30 years ago I used to pay for lunch and all kinds of stuff with credit cards daily.

What happend?

We have "EC Cards" that use & pin and are accepted by most stores but unless its a very big international chain like Zara or H&M they dont accept credit cards. barely anyone i know has a credit card unless its a person who travels a lot.

a credit card for germans means = i dont have the money but i still want something so i buy it anyway even though i dont know exactly when i can pay it off lol

it always feels amazing when i go back to spain and can pay with credit cards at a bar or even at mc donalds lol *mind blown*

SilianRail

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2011
I'm not really concerned with wifi speeds as much as battery life. Is the iPad Air with an 802.11ac modem better with battery life than the previous model?

pedromcm.pm

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2014
Porto, Portugal
Are there any practical usages in iPhone for wifi ac chip? The only one i can think of is a bit faster wifi syncing.

What? Are you high?

It doesn't take a masters in physics to realize that everything related with WIFI will get a boost, no?

----------

Dude put down the kool-Aid :rolleyes:

You should put down the kool-aid. The innards of Apple products have been way more carefully placed and mounted than every other competitor's.

Only now are they catching up with the MBAir, for example. They started by trying to copy the innards placement, but it wasn't as easy as that.

bigchrisfgb

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2010
5) Hand's up who's with me to create a Vending Machine using these combinations of tech?
You can already get NFC vending machines. At the 2012 Olympics the drink vending machines were NFC only.
Some Oyster machines in London are NFC, and I think the new ticket machines for the Metro in Newcastle where I live are NFC as well.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
If true, between the larger screens and NFC Schiller's going to have some explaining to do..

What? Are you high?

It doesn't take a masters in physics to realize that everything related with WIFI will get a boost, no?

Not your internet speeds...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.