Bare minimum ups cyberpower for iMac 27

Discussion in 'iMac' started by VonPenguin, Nov 3, 2012.

1. VonPenguin macrumors newbie

What is the bare minimum I need for an iMac?
    I also want to buy a separate ups for a Mac mini, can someone suggest a model for each?

I was originally going to buy the pf1500lcd but thought it was overkill for the iMac.

2. harcosparky macrumors 68020

I'd say it depends on your needs.

If you plan to operate through a power outage you will need the largest ones you can afford.

If you just want to be able to shut down safely, than a smaller unit would help you.

I cannot help you on makes and models, we have commercial units here and the one I am on is a physical beast but I can run on it for quite a bit of time.

3. ChromiumXarsus macrumors newbie

I purchased a CyberPower CP1500AVRLCD

I recently purchased a CyberPower CP1500AVRLCD for about $160… It has more than enough juice to allow more than 50 minutes of run-time (27” iMac and external drives) if the power goes out. It also has a very informative LCD display that provides real-time line condition status. There are a lot of power fluctuations where I live and this unit keeps the voltage clean and smooth.

The unit itself is stylish and I’ve had no issues with it or the dual CyberPower AV UPS units I use for my home theater.

According to the runtime chart in my manual you should be able to get about 40 minutes of runtime with your iMac with the CP900AVRLCD.

Hope this helps!

http://www.cyberpowersystems.com/products/ups-systems/intelligent-lcd-ups.html